New list loses style characteristics

I have created a new list, as explained elsewhere, by simply indenting the desired list text using the List inspector. However, although the new list appears to have the same style as the surrounding body text in page view, on the resulting page the list is always rendered in a different font (specifically Times, where the style specifies Helvetica).

I’ve tried separately to create and apply a different style but the problem remains.

The source suggests the same style is being applied, so I don’t know what the problem is.

See http://successwithsimplicity.davidbrewster.com

Thoughts please.

Thanks,
David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Hi David,

First, I don’t see Times anywhere on the page (using the link provided), it looks just the way you want, for me. Second, the font-families listed in the CSS show Arial as being the first font, then Helvetica. Try assigning a font to the body tag style. This will set the font for the entire site unless you override it on a style by style basis. Lastly, if you want to target your list with a specific style use ul which will target any unordered list in the site or assign a class to it to narrow it down, for example ul.mylist (all in the Tag field, not in the Name field). What you have currently is list which won’t do anything.

Todd

On Apr 15, 2008, at 1:29 AM, David Brewster wrote:

I have created a new list, as explained elsewhere, by simply indenting the desired list text using the List inspector. However, although the new list appears to have the same style as the surrounding body text in page view, on the resulting page the list is always rendered in a different font (specifically Times, where the style specifies Helvetica).

I’ve tried separately to create and apply a different style but the problem remains.

The source suggests the same style is being applied, so I don’t know what the problem is.

I made a mistake, sorry. See the parentheses below.

If you want to target your list with a specific style use ul which will target any unordered list in the site or assign a class to it to narrow it down, for example ul.mylist (ul in the Tag field and mylist in the Name field). What you have currently is list which won’t do anything.

Todd

On Apr 15, 2008, at 1:29 AM, David Brewster wrote:

Thanks a lot Todd. That (the ul.mylist approach) fixed it.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options