new tool for web designers

Hi, there is a new application called Chat to Text that lets a person text someone directly from a website to a cell phone. It is a product that web designers can offer their clients and make some extra money by doing so. It is brand new and innovative. Check out this video that tells all about it and how you can incorporate it into your business and make some extra money, too. ChatToText.com is for sale | HugeDomains

If the above does not show up as a link, you can also go to http://www.ChatterNow.com


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

No I don’t think so - it may be something for social networking sites but I don’t think there is a use for it on a standard FW constructed website

Besides I don’t like the pyramid style selling approach - how much are you hoping to make by posting the link here? And are you related to Scott Messina - one of the founders.

Just my 2c

Personally Walter I think you should delete this thread!

David


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Yes, I am related to Scott Messina. I am his mother. I also have been
designing sites with Freeway for years. And I do think there is a place for
it with web designers. My son has been contacted by a real estate company,
ForSalebyOwner, who is very excited about putting a link on each page of his
website so sellers can be contacted directly by potential buyers as soon as
they see the listing without having to go get their phone. He said when it
comes to people searching for homes online, they are more apt to send an
email message than make a phone call. With chat to text, they will be able
to contact the seller immediately.

I also have about 30 website customers in the horse business and they have
signed up for the service. (I specialize in designing websites for the
equine industry.)

This is what gave me the idea of posting it on the freeway site. As far as
the MLM (pyramid) approach to selling the service, my son decided to do that
because he felt it would help people during this difficult economy. The
subscription is $6 per month and $4 goes back to the affiliates. It can be
cancelled at any time. We’re not talking about a garage full of overpriced
soap suds or vitamins here!

I am very sorry you feel this was an inappropriate post. I think it is a
great idea.

On 2/26/09 7:39 PM, “DeltaDave” email@hidden wrote:

No I don’t think so - it may be something for social networking sites but I
don’t think there is a use for it on a standard FW constructed website

Besides I don’t like the pyramid style selling approach - how much are you
hoping to make by posting the link here? And are you related to Scott Messina

  • one of the founders.

Just my 2c

Personally Walter I think you should delete this thread!

David


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Well Barbara I am sorry if I have got you wrong but when I look at ‘People’ to find that Barbara Messina appears to have signed up on the 26th of Feb just to make 1 post which directs us to a Video selling stuff what am I supposed to think?

Maybe your approach was just incorrect.

To you the Video may tell exactly what this product is all about but to me it is just trying to sell me something. If you weren’t so close to it you would appreciate that.

Another link to somewhere that would tell us its features and benefits and how we can use it would be far more appropriate.

David


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Sometime around 27/2/09 (at 03:22 -0500) DeltaDave said:

Well Barbara I am sorry if I have got you wrong but when I look at
‘People’ to find that Barbara Messina appears to have signed up on
the 26th of Feb just to make 1 post which directs us to a Video
selling stuff what am I supposed to think?

However, Barbara first posted to the Freewaytalk mailing list back in
the beginning of 2002 and was quite active during that year and a
little into 2003. Welcome back Barbara, how’s the web designing going?

Another link to somewhere that would tell us its features and
benefits and how we can use it would be far more appropriate.

This would be useful; I can see that it would be interesting to some
clients, and more detail would be good.

Separately, a clearer mention of what it involves (and maybe your
connection to the guy behind it) would have helped smooth things…
:slight_smile:

k


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Thank you for the welcome! My web design business is doing great. It keeps me very busy, to say the least! And I owe it all to Freeway, a program that I have told many friends about and who use it successfully in their businesses, as well.

Your suggestion about another link giving more detail about the Chat to Text product and how web designers can use it is certainly a good one. I will work on that.

Thanks!


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Here is information about how the Chat application works and how web designers can incorporate it into their Freeway websites -
http://www.chatternow.com/webtools.html


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Hi Barbara.
I think this Chat to Text thing looks very promising. I just signed up and passed the word. My business is furniture repair and I’m hoping my customers will use the tool to contact me directly while they are on the site.

-Chod

www.furnituredetailing.net


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Well, that is great news! Good luck with it!

On 2/28/09 8:34 PM, “chod” email@hidden wrote:

Hi Barbara.
I think this Chat to Text thing looks very promising. I just signed up and
passed the word. My business is furniture repair and I’m hoping my customers
will use the tool to contact me directly while they are on the site.

-Chod

www.furnituredetailing.net


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I just looked at your website and your business – a great service.
You might want to put the Chat to Text link on your Contact page as well.

On 2/28/09 8:34 PM, “chod” email@hidden wrote:

Hi Barbara.
I think this Chat to Text thing looks very promising. I just signed up and
passed the word. My business is furniture repair and I’m hoping my customers
will use the tool to contact me directly while they are on the site.

-Chod

www.furnituredetailing.net


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

good idea.

thanks


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

This is a nice-looking system, but for free (and a tiny amount of
effort making a form and a form handler) you can send a text to
yourself for the cost of the text – no additional charges would apply.

Most wireless providers offer a free e-mail to SMS gateway. For mine,
all you need do is send an e-mail message to [my wireless number]
(at)txt.att.net.

If you wanted to wrap this up with a nice form, and limit the number
of characters, and hide the actual address from your customers, you
could use Tim Plumb’s free PHP Feedback Form Action and a little
JavaScript to count characters.

Walter

On Feb 28, 2009, at 11:31 PM, chod wrote:

good idea.

thanks


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I’m afraid the main focus will be earning the commissions in yet another viral Pyramid selling scheme, the actual texting bit is not the main draw by the video. The creators will earn a lot of money and disappear. And in turn taking small amounts of money from all or you, that you won’t feel because the amount is so small. There should be a Warning: Only recommend to friends you don’t like or don’t care about.

On 1 Mar 2009, 2:30 pm, waltd wrote:

This is a nice-looking system, but for free (and a tiny amount of
effort making a form and a form handler) you can send a text to
yourself for the cost of the text – no additional charges would apply


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Webworker: I disagree with you. I guess it depends on what you expect from it. For me, the service that it hopefully provides my customers is priority 1 for my business. If I make a few bucks on it that’s great but, more importantly, I hope my potential customers use it to get in touch once they’
ve found me and have their questions of their mind. I have my cell phone on my site, but using this service they don’t have to grab their phone. If it doesn’t work out after a few months, I’ll just cancel it.
Compared to what I’m paying Google Adwords, this is a drop in the bucket.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

chat to text looks like a scam to me.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

While I can understand why some people may find it useful to have a Chat to Text feature on their site I also think that it could be implemented (as Walter suggests) at no cost using a Form.

The benefit of the Chat to Text system is supposed to be that the recipient can reply while the sender is still on their site. To me this is where it falls down.

With the best will in the world nobody is able to reply instantly to every text that they receive. You might be up a ladder, on the toilet, on the phone to somebody else, in a different time zone, buffing up some furniture, in fact there a thousand reasons why you can’t return that text immediately. How long is the sender supposed to wait for a reply?

And if you don’t reply straight away you have lost the opportunity!

At least with a form or an email you can get their contact details.

David


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Although this site http://www.hab.la/ is related to the subject, it’s unrelated to the specific vendor. Still appears to be free service for now. It seems they intend to charge eventually, but it might be worth a look for those who want such functionality.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Wow, it amazes me how cynical people are and I guess it is because of all
the scamming that is being done by the big guys that makes front pages in
all the newspapers. Chat to Text is not a scam. It is something my son
started and he hopes to be in for a very long time.

On 3/1/09 11:08 AM, “WebWorker” email@hidden wrote:

I’m afraid the main focus will be earning the commissions in yet another viral
Pyramid selling scheme, the actual texting bit is not the main draw by the
video. The creators will earn a lot of money and disappear. And in turn
taking small amounts of money from all or you, that you won’t feel because the
amount is so small. There should be a Warning: Only recommend to friends you
don’t like or don’t care about.

On 1 Mar 2009, 2:30 pm, waltd wrote:

This is a nice-looking system, but for free (and a tiny amount of
effort making a form and a form handler) you can send a text to
yourself for the cost of the text – no additional charges would apply


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I’m with you Barbara. There are people making money on the web and I’m sure there are plenty of scams, but every idea that comes down the pike as a new business is not a scam.
I’m hoping your son’s service makes it convenient for a customer to contact me…so that I can make money…providing my services to my customers.

I think that “Chat to Text” is a great idea and I hope my customers use it to confirm my thinking. And if “time is money” I’m sure it would take me a lot more than $6 to figure out PHP , form building, and javascript.

(On the flip side though, all my friends who I’ve sent the link to have rejected it as spam so you and your son might consider a different form of referrals. I don’t know what that would be but cynicism is running high right now.)
Good luck.

-chod


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Sometime around 4/3/09 (at 00:20 -0500) chod said:

On the flip side though, all my friends who I’ve sent the link to
have rejected it as spam so you and your son might consider a
different form of referrals.

I think the biggest problem is the style of sales pitch. Sorry
Barbara, it turned me off completely! By the time someone even begins
to find out about the sales model they’ve already been treated to a
high-pressure pitch and are filled with suspicion.

Rather than that, why not just present the facts in a non-video
format (i.e. regular web page text and images) that someone can
browse at their leisure. Let the visitors make up their own minds.

Remember the saying: you can take a horse to water but you can’t make
it drink. Just show people where the water is and explain (simply and
without pressure) why the water is good AND who it is probably best
for.

k


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options