Not sure how to keep CSS textbook from disappearing under my left

We’ve spoken about the whole Freeway falling off the OSX conveyor belt before. It]s certainly a genuine problem that we need to consider. There are a number of strategies you can employ to stop this from happening:

1 - Don’t upgrade to Mojave. There were a few issues with High Sierra which were fixed, either by Jeremy himself, or by disabling features in OSX (mostly this was to do with the filer windows). You could probably get away without Mojave for a couple of years, or however long your other mission-critical software will survive.

Which leads me on to:
2 - Keep a computer back for “ye olde worlde” software of keeping up with Apple is a necessity on your main machine. I have an older MacBook Pro, stuck on 10.7.5 which I’ve not let go of just in case.

Or:
3 - Virtualise your Mac. Find a good “stopping place” and create a virtual machine with Freeway and a few other key apps you need. Check the OS EULA though, just in case they don’t let you (some OSX installs do, some don’t). This will let you boot the virtual machine in something like Virtual Box on your current Mac. You can even save a few snap shots just in case something really screws it up.

The key point here is that YOU are in control of the OS update cycle on your Mac, not Apple. I’ve not heard of them mandating an OS update yet (unlike The Other Side who seemed to get very close to that). OK, mandating a U2 album maybe, but not an OS update.

Hold on in there. Have a strategy in mind for when you need to move the OS on, but remember there are options available that will allow you to keep Freeway alive for some time yet.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: