Ode to Freeway,Webyep action & FreewayTalk

First i’d like to say hi to everyone. This is my debut to the forums =). I’ve actually been using freeway since 2003 =O.

I def have some long over due thankyous to give out (sorry if it turns into more of a long rant =P lolz).

The first one (only cos it’s the most resent one) is to Max (creator of the WebYep action). I decied i would try and learn CMS using Drupal, MAMP & coda (though still loving coda)… than after buying books and working through it for 3 weeks, every step of the way feeling pretty painful and not really getting any where. Dont get me wrong, i know it takes time to learn new stuff… it just didnt feel natural to me since i’m a visual person. So i turned back to freeway. I came across Max’s addon int he forums, and thought i’d give it ago. After only a night or two of testing the action out I was thrilled to find out how easy it felt to use & learn, and exactly what i was looking for… when i was using drupal it was like too over the top for that i needed, and if i wanted a layout any where close to what i wanted, i would have had to learn quiet a lot f coding. And to top all of that, when i emailed Max over some silly stuff not only did i get a quick replay, it was super super helpful. So yeah thanks for making that action Max… looking totally forward to the newer version (a few days did you say?).

As i said earlier, i’ve been using freeway for 5 years. A short history makes is a little easy to see where i’m coming from so bear with me =P.

I am a freelance artist and studied photographer when i was at uni. But it was way back in 1996 as a teen that i first discovered the internet. I was hooked… i would ask anyone and everyone “how do you make a website”. Sadily i think being a girl (and i hate to play this card, but had the theroy confirmed but a lot of computery type friends =P) didnt really give me any favors, and was always told “you dont really need to know that stuff”. Thankfully years later a friend believed in me and showed me the HTML basic ropes by just pointing me int he right direction. I then hit another brick wall when i realsied the kind of sites i wanted were a little out of my reach from just html-ing my way through it.On my uni photography i knew the importance of having a web presences (even if the rest of my course didnt agree with me at the time… i think i’m the one laughing now =P)… but one of my tutors used Freeway and was raving about it (prob cos iw as the only one that would listen =P). So yeah thank you freeway! you’ve made my life so much easier o/.

Now my last thankyou is to all you lot in FreewayTalk. As you might have gathered from above, in my life i’ve faced a wall of arrogance, elitism & condescending behvaior from people with computer knowledge… but not here!!! I have turned to FreewayTalk many times and always found the answer without having to leave a question myself… and no question or comment is too stupid and no one is put down or treated like a child. So again i think all the people in this wonderful community for developing actions, sharing and being so helpful =D.

if you have reached this line you deserve a prize for not getting board =P.

Oh and if you’re curious heres my freeway site:
www.jessica-emmett.com

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Well I’m glad it’s been beneficial for you and hopefully for anyone. There are lots of good people on this site who regularly help and contribute without asking and that’s something you don’t find in other places.

Welcome aboard.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks Jess
Just a quick note. As mentioned to Jess and a few others, the new action suite (v2.3) is going to be launched in the next few days.
It has a load of improvements and 1 brand new action which takes advantage of the pre-release gallery action in the webyep-system 3pr1.
When I have launched it I will send out the download details to everyone that has bought the action set and post a little note on the forum too

max

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden