One Year of Freeway 7 -So what?

In my opinion, it’s not really Freeway that changed. Today it just offers better functionality to help us meet the responsive standards. But technically that already was possible before.

Before for me personally it was hovering between real amateur level (drag and drop) and level 1 out of 10 for Pro’s. This was my choice and today I can still do that if I want. If I choose to still do that today, it’s my choice not to meet the current requirements and standards for the web and I can’t blame Freeway for this.

But I decided to go for Pro level 2 and that forced me to upgrade my personal skills. Exactly like Thomas is describing. You need to be willing to invest, learn, outline etc.

During this process, many times I’d thought there was something wrong with Freeway, but in practice and afterwards I can say that 95% was due to my personal lack of knowledge. I had a huge AHA!WTF!BBQ!-moment where the best construction method became clear to me. The remaining 5% represents some strange and buggy behaviour in Freeway.

I did learn, (a BIG thanks to Thomas and his excellent video’s in The Lounge!) and today I call myself an above average, enthusiastic amateur. I can’t code, I can design and thanks to Freeway Pro I can do very nice things that meet the current standards.

And to the people constantly giving support to the community (we all know who): THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: