order form page-can't add other text

It was built by another person who hosts this site. It is his shopping cart. i put it in by using the MarkUp box. (Was told to do this by SoftPress and it worked.) However, then I tried to add copy. (SoftPress said they did not know why the HTML new copy did not show up.) I have now made the new copy (2 boxes) gifs and they show up but I cannot control the spacing. I tried putting each section in a table box but that did not solve the problem.

Also - how do i get back to my original HTML that I put into the MarkUp box in order to add something to make it centered?

Thanks for your help-
Tobé

Tobé Saskor
Websites and Photography by Tobé
59 Deerwood Lane
Pinehurst, NC 28374
Tel: 910-215-8818
Email: email@hidden

Websites:
www.bytobe.com (photo)
www.WebsitesByTobe.com
www.WebsitesForHorses.com

On Aug 30, 2008, at 12:43 PM, waltd wrote:

Are you using an include or something like that to put the form in? You have what looks like a couple of pages smashed together (in code). First there’s an opening body tag and a head, then another opening body tag, and finally a single closing body tag. It’s a miracle that it displays on screen, let alone works as a form.

How did you build this page?

Walter

I forgot to put the website here: http://www.tobesite.com

Tobé Saskor
Websites and Photography by Tobé
59 Deerwood Lane
Pinehurst, NC 28374
Tel: 910-215-8818
Email: email@hidden

On Sep 3, 2008, at 9:50 AM, Tobé Saskor wrote:

It was built by another person who hosts this site. It is his shopping cart. i put it in by using the MarkUp box. (Was told to do this by SoftPress and it worked.) However, then I tried to add copy. (SoftPress said they did not know why the HTML new copy did not show up.) I have now made the new copy (2 boxes) gifs and they show up but I cannot control the spacing. I tried putting each section in a table box but that did not solve the problem.

Also - how do i get back to my original HTML that I put into the MarkUp box in order to add something to make it centered?

Thanks for your help-
Tobé

Tobé Saskor
Websites and Photography by Tobé
59 Deerwood Lane
Pinehurst, NC 28374
Tel: 910-215-8818
Email: email@hidden

Websites:
www.bytobe.com (photo)
www.WebsitesByTobe.com
www.WebsitesForHorses.com

On Aug 30, 2008, at 12:43 PM, waltd wrote:

Are you using an include or something like that to put the form in? You have what looks like a couple of pages smashed together (in code). First there’s an opening body tag and a head, then another opening body tag, and finally a single closing body tag. It’s a miracle that it displays on screen, let alone works as a form.

How did you build this page?

Walter


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Take a close look at the code you were given to insert into your page. Open it in a text editor, even Apple’s free TextEdit in plain-text mode will work for this step.

Read through it until you find the word <form, then continue looking until you find the word </form>.

Put some returns into the original text before and after those points, so it stands out for you visually. Everything from <form to </form> (including those tags) is all that you need to copy and paste into Freeway. If you add anything else from outside of those two points, you will have problems.

From looking at your site, it appears as though you copied the entire page, or at least the head of it and the form, and pasted that into Freeway. The result is a page that starts laying out the browser window, then starts again from scratch. It’s kind of like drawing a picture halfway down the page, then erasing it and starting over.

Walter


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Sorry, if you’re looking at this on the Web, the forward slashes got chopped out of my closing form tags for some reason.

Walter


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Yea!! It is working!! http://www.tobesite.com

Thank you so much for your help!!

Tobé

Tobé Saskor
Websites and Photography by Tobé
59 Deerwood Lane
Pinehurst, NC 28374
Tel: 910-215-8818
Email: email@hidden

Websites:
www.bytobe.com (photo)
www.WebsitesByTobe.com
www.WebsitesForHorses.com

On Sep 3, 2008, at 2:36 PM, waltd wrote:

Take a close look at the code you were given to insert into your page. Open it in a text editor, even Apple’s free TextEdit in plain-text mode will work for this step.

Read through it until you find the word <form, then continue looking until you find the word </form>.

Put some returns into the original text before and after those points, so it stands out for you visually. Everything from <form to </form> (including those tags) is all that you need to copy and paste into Freeway. If you add anything else from outside of those two points, you will have problems.

From looking at your site, it appears as though you copied the entire page, or at least the head of it and the form, and pasted that into Freeway. The result is a page that starts laying out the browser window, then starts again from scratch. It’s kind of like drawing a picture halfway down the page, then erasing it and starting over.

Walter


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
List Options | FreewayTalk

Great news!

Walter

On Sep 3, 2008, at 9:16 PM, Tobé Saskor wrote:

Yea!! It is working!! http://www.tobesite.com

Thank you so much for your help!!


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options