outdated technology ???

Today I got a phone call by a company who designs wenbsites. he was very impolite and told me that my website was build with outdated technology. I asked her why. She tild me she found a date in the source code of 2010 and that this technology does not fullfill the requirements of todays website builts. Has anyone any comment on this. When I look at Google webtools like pagespeed, pagerank etc. it is much better than many many other websites. Also I am on first page on Google. If it would be outdated technology does it matter if it does the job ?


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Why were they calling you… just to complain about your website? If they were trying to solicit work from you, then I think they are very bad at sales.

Did they say how they found your site, how they associated you with the site, or even how they got your phone number?

A link to the site in question may have been nice.


Ernie Simpson, aka The Big Erns

On Jun 10, 2013, at 6:25 AM, “Artivideo” email@hidden wrote:

Today I got a phone call by a company who designs wenbsites. he was very impolite and told me that my website was build with outdated technology. I asked her why. She tild me she found a date in the source code of 2010 and that this technology does not fullfill the requirements of todays website builts. Has anyone any comment on this. When I look at Google webtools like pagespeed, pagerank etc. it is much better than many many other websites. Also I am on first page on Google. If it would be outdated technology does it matter if it does the job ?


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

It’s always a larf when someone claiming to design web sites contacts a web designer and wants to develop a new site for them. They clearly don’t pay attention to whom they are contacting.

This is clearly a pitch they try to use to scare people to use them to replace their web sites. It’s a pathetic attempt, like Ernie says. Imagine if the ads for car dealers on late night TV said things like, “are you still driving that 2010 car? That’s three-year-old technology, and doesn’t meet today’s requirements for new cars. You are putting yourself and your family at risk. You’ve been using those brakes and tires for three years. Do you even know what condition or how worn out they are?” Even dumber would be if you were your own mechanic…


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I have had the same w the we would like to offer web design services to your clients… Do you know what I do?
No what? Well what’s the name of my company…

Oh ok… Hang up…

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 10, 2013, at 8:04 AM, Joe Muscara email@hidden wrote:

It’s always a larf when someone claiming to design web sites contacts a web designer and wants to develop a new site for them. They clearly don’t pay attention to whom they are contacting.

This is clearly a pitch they try to use to scare people to use them to replace their web sites. It’s a pathetic attempt, like Ernie says. Imagine if the ads for car dealers on late night TV said things like, “are you still driving that 2010 car? That’s three-year-old technology, and doesn’t meet today’s requirements for new cars. You are putting yourself and your family at risk. You’ve been using those brakes and tires for three years. Do you even know what condition or how worn out they are?” Even dumber would be if you were your own mechanic…


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

They were talking about my website www.artivideo.nl which i made with Freeway pro 5.6.5. To be honest I came across Freeway pro about a half year ago because I got fed up with that horrible Dreamweaver software which I used to make my previous website. I like the concept of FW, started with the demo version but soon bought the 5.6.5. version knowing that a new version was around the corner. I am very satisfied with FW, learned a lot from you people on this forum :slight_smile: It does the job for me whether it is outdated or not.

On 10 Jun 2013, 11:27 am, The Big Erns wrote:

Why were they calling you… just to complain about your website? If they were trying to solicit work from you, then I think they are very bad at sales.

Did they say how they found your site, how they associated you with the site, or even how they got your phone number?

A link to the site in question may have been nice.

Ernie Simpson, aka The Big Erns

On Jun 10, 2013, at 6:25 AM, “Artivideo”


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

HTML is a fairly outdated technology, but this is a shameless come-on for services you don’t need. I would laugh, loudly, and get on with your day!

Walter

On Jun 10, 2013, at 9:43 AM, Artivideo wrote:

They were talking about my website www.artivideo.nl which i made with Freeway pro 5.6.5. To be honest I came across Freeway pro about a half year ago because I got fed up with that horrible Dreamweaver software which I used to make my previous website. I like the concept of FW, started with the demo version but soon bought the 5.6.5. version knowing that a new version was around the corner. I am very satisfied with FW, learned a lot from you people on this forum :slight_smile: It does the job for me whether it is outdated or not.

On 10 Jun 2013, 11:27 am, The Big Erns wrote:

Why were they calling you… just to complain about your website? If they were trying to solicit work from you, then I think they are very bad at sales.

Did they say how they found your site, how they associated you with the site, or even how they got your phone number?

A link to the site in question may have been nice.

Ernie Simpson, aka The Big Erns

On Jun 10, 2013, at 6:25 AM, “Artivideo”


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

On 10 Jun 2013, 1:43 pm, Artivideo wrote:

I am very satisfied with FW, learned a lot from you people on this forum :slight_smile: It does the job for me whether it is outdated or not.

You’ve just answered your own question :wink:

Richard


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options