PHP Feedback form and PHP5

Hi Walter & Simon

That’s now cleared-up everything except taking the “Name” and " Surname" and putting them in the Sender of the email, is that possible?

It used to work when I was using Tim Plumb’s PHP Send Form.

Thanks Peter

This is controlled by the “Use Item for Sender Name 1” and “Use Item for Sender Name 2” options in the Action. If you select your Name field for 1 and Surname field for 2, the values entered into the form will be combined and used for the email’s sender name.

As with the email address, you can make one or both of these fields required as desired.

AFAICT I have done it

Assuming those are the correct fields, (certainly looks like it with those titles) that looks right. If you’ve published and uploaded with it set up like that, those values from the form should be used as the From name, e.g. From: Joe Bloggs <noreply@yourserver.com>

I am using Send Form version 1.1.2

And Freeway 7.1.3 (7069)

I’ve looked in the inspector and fiddled with settings, but cannot get it to show!!!

I sent before this the Freeway version and the Send Form version too!!??

I’ve looked in the inspector and fiddled with settings, but cannot get it to show!!!

What can’t you get to show?

You’re one behind the most recent Freeway version (7.1.4), but I don’t think that has any effect on Actions.

Remember that Actions are highly context-sensitive. If you don’t have the correct item selected in the interface, you won’t see an Action listed that relies on that kind of thing being selected.

Walter

Hi Jeremy,

Yup, unfortunately still not putting the Name and Surname in the from field.

I’ll download the latest Freeway and test it and let you know. to see it it makes any difference.

Peter