PHP: Where to Securely Save Cookies

Thank you, David.

By the way, the “XXX” in the path mentioned in my opening post is where the name of my user account goes. Meaning:

/home/XXX/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/

So that implies that other users who access their web space on the same shared server via FTP would see something like this:

/home/YYY/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/

/home/ZZZ/domains/mydomain.com/public_html/

and so on.

So wouldn’t that imply that my shared host is “setup right” in terms of security?

By the way, the following directory on my shared web host has 777 permissions (not created by me):

/home/XXX/domains/tmp/

I can use PHP to write cookie and header files into /tmp/, but when I use my FTP client (Transmit), despite the 777 permissions, I cannot delete files from it. The only way I can delete the files from /tmp/ is if I use “unlink(‘filename’)” in a PHP script. I cannot change the permissions on /tmp/ with Transmit either. But I can create a new folder in the /XXX/ directory and use Transmit to change permissions to whatever I want.

By the way, when I Get Info on a folder on my shared server via Transmit, it shows me Owner and Group info, but both show “ftp” rather than the true Owner and Group.

dynamo mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: