png and gif transparency problems

Hi and happy new year to all here,
I’m wondering if any one knows of any solution to some Windows IE 6 problems I’m having.

1. I am using the Text Box Decoration action using either png or transparent gig files. The problem is in IE 6 the transparency is lost even though other transparent png files on the page work fine showing full transparency where applicable, so I assume the IE6 png fix is working it just doesn’t seem to be targeting the html containers that the Text Box Decoration is applied to. I need to have the html boxes with an undefined height so failing a solution to the Text Box Decoration issue is there a simple way to get rounded corners on html boxes and maintain the transparency of the corners?

2. My second problem is that if I use a css menu as an inline item it doesn’t show in IE6. Is there a work around for this?

Maybe I shouldn’t really be worrying about such issues as these with IE6, but I can’t help thinking that there are still users out there that still use this crappy browser, or is it such a small user base now as to not be worth considering?

Thanks in anticipation,

Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I also forgot to add that either solid colours or graphics added to the css menus don’t show either in Windows IE6.

Richard

On 1 Jan 2009, 11:57 am, pixelart wrote:

Hi and happy new year to all here,
I’m wondering if any one knows of any solution to some Windows IE 6 problems I’m having.

1. I am using the Text Box Decoration action using either png or transparent gig files. The problem is in IE 6 the transparency is lost even though other transparent png files on the page work fine showing full transparency where applicable, so I assume the IE6 png fix is working it just doesn’t seem to be targeting the html containers that the Text Box Decoration is applied to. I need to have the html boxes with an undefined height so failing a solution to the Text Box Decoration issue is there a simple way to get rounded corners on html boxes and maintain the transparency of the corners?

2. My second problem is that if I use a css menu as an inline item it doesn’t show in IE6. Is there a work around for this?

Maybe I shouldn’t really be worrying about such issues as these with IE6, but I can’t help thinking that there are still users out there that still use this crappy browser, or is it such a small user base now as to not be worth considering?

Thanks in anticipation,

Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options