[Pro] A little nutty idea needs help..

Hi all,

a little weird but,

I have some names in a table that I want to hide some of the names and then when the student watched the video, show the name.

So in other words, there will be 10 names and as the student watched the video I want the name to show.

I though of making the names red on a red background and as the student watches it, I will change it to white and publish. THis makes only those students stand out as needed.

it looked good, until a student said, they highlited the space and saw the other “hidden” names.

The problem is I am in a TABLE and cannot click the PUBLISH choice to turn on and off since I cannot put little graphic texts in the table as needed.

Any ideas?

I hope I am not making this seem more involved than it is.

Thanks!

Barry

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Are you wanting this to happen automatically - ie if someone watches the video - or is it something you want to turn on/off in FW and republish?

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

i want to change it in the FW doc and publish.

I really want to put the kids name in graphic text or html text box and just click the publish check box on and off but my problem is I am solely in a table and I cannot get that function to appear.

If I am in a table cell and insert HTML and type in it I lose the ability to turn on and off publish.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

So you want to do the change in Freeway? Then as long as it’s a table cell content, you can’t do that. If you wrap it in a DIV inline within that table cell, then you can turn the DIV off (and the content will hide with it).

Double-click into the table cell and choose Insert HTML Item. Double-click inside that item and type your text. Then click away elsewhere, and click once on the DIV inside the table cell. Use the Inspector to turn Publish off.

Walter

On Oct 15, 2015, at 8:04 PM, Hoffkids email@hidden wrote:

i want to change it in the FW doc and publish.

I really want to put the kids name in graphic text or html text box and just click the publish check box on and off but my problem is I am solely in a table and I cannot get that function to appear.

If I am in a table cell and insert HTML and type in it I lose the ability to turn on and off publish.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Walt, I tried that before and again.

When I insert the Html in the table cell it is a blue box. I type in it. I click off and then on it and look in the inspector but I am not given the option to turn Publish off.

I only get name/ID
CSS check box

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Yup, you’re right. I didn’t try that, it was off the top of my head.

Here’s something I’ve tried. In the Styles palette, use the cog menu to create a new style. In the Tag field, enter td.hidden * (don’t skip the trailing asterisk). In Name field, delete whatever Freeway has helpfully given you, and then tab out of the field so it sticks with your decision. Then click the Extended button, and enter display in the Name field and none in the Value field. Next, create a second style, and in the Name field enter hidden. You don’t need to add any other styles to this style rule, just having it allows you to mark the cells you want to hide. Click (and shift-click) on the styles that you want to hide, and then click on the listing labeled .hidden in the Styles palette list. That’s it, no more steps (and no inline DIVs) needed. When you want to remove that style later (to show the name) you can click once on the cell and then look in the (T) tab (far right) of the Inspector. There, you will see all the styles applied to that cell. As you hover over the hidden class name, you will see a little (x) appear in its name, and you can click that to remove that style without changing anything else.

Walter

On Oct 15, 2015, at 8:25 PM, Hoffkids email@hidden wrote:

Walt, I tried that before and again.

When I insert the Html in the table cell it is a blue box. I type in it. I click off and then on it and look in the inspector but I am not given the option to turn Publish off.

I only get name/ID
CSS check box

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Will try tonight.

Thanks Walt.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Walt will this method only turn on and off all names in the cell at once?

right now I have about 5 names in each cell (15 names total) just to keep it neat and have been changing the color font to white to appear as the student watches the video.

Does each student name need it’s own cell doing it your way with the styles?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Yes.

Walter

On Oct 15, 2015, at 8:47 PM, Hoffkids email@hidden wrote:

right now I have about 5 names in each cell (15 names total) just to keep it neat and have been changing the color font to white to appear as the student watches the video.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

You could also create a text style with the display: none thing in it. Erase the first style (td.hidden *), and open the second one (.hidden) and add the Extended display: none to it. Now, instead of adding the second style to the table cell, triple-click on he name and apply the style to that. It will disappear (and be unselectable) in the browser, but will be visible in Freeway.

Walter

On Oct 15, 2015, at 8:47 PM, Hoffkids email@hidden wrote:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

That sounds much better.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden