[Pro] A Matter of Personal Convenience

Hi Thomas,

I think where I would start is with semantic structures… the only one in this example is section… you might do well to further outline your page structure with header, footer, main (if you are so inclined), and of course, nav.

I don’t think there is a semantic problem with more than one navigation solution, but if you identify more than one nav element in your layout that would be sowing seeds of confusion. I think the same would be true if the nav element did not contain both navigational solutions. Just my view on it.

There is also a view that the nav element is (or should be) a part of the header content as they relate to Page or Site themes… which I agree for the most part. However, not inflexibly so as I think cases can be made for splitting them.

Absolute positioned items need a Relative positioned item-- from which it descends– to orient to… this is simply a matter of mechanics, not semantics. So it’s not so much where the absolute-positioned item goes-- first or last-- as much as its descendance. If #PageDiv is your position:relative; reference then your element position:absolute; can be anywhere from the first to last child of #PageDiv.

Perhaps I answered these in reverse order… but I hope that I’ve helped clarify something.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: