[Pro] Adding an Anchor to a Rollover button

I am trying to add an anchor to a rollover button but cannot seem to get this to work. When I rollover the button it changes color but when clicked it will not jump to my text far down the page. Not sure if this is even possible but thought I would try.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Clark

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

If you open that link in the Hyperlink dialog (Command-K) you should be able to add an anchor as an “external” URL. The format is just a # followed by the ID of the element you wish to link to. So click on the thing on the page that you want to scroll to, and then note what is in the Name/ID field in the Inspector when you do. Type an octothorpe followed by the ID (case-sensitive, spelling-sensitive).

Walter

On Jul 9, 2015, at 11:44 AM, Clark Brown email@hidden wrote:

I am trying to add an anchor to a rollover button but cannot seem to get this to work. When I rollover the button it changes color but when clicked it will not jump to my text far down the page. Not sure if this is even possible but thought I would try.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Clark

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

I am trying to add an anchor to a rollover button but cannot seem to get this to work.

I presume what you actually mean is that you are trying to add a hyperlink (which goes to an anchor item) to a Rollover item.

If so then either insert your Anchor item first (or note the ID of the item you wish to link to) then Cmd K to Open the Hyperlink dialogue box.

When you select the page you wish to link to (if you have added an anchor) it will be selectable in the relevant dropdown - if not then add #itemID to the end of the page url ie linktomypage.html#myanchor

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks Guys! Working now.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden