[Pro] Adding Cookies Script

Hi all

I’d like to add this cookiebar to a site but no matter what I try re adding markup etc I just seem to be able to get this to work/appear. I’d really like to get my head around adding scripts / linking to external scripts but I just end up frustrated after hours of fruitless tinkering!! Can anyone show me the way to that ‘Eureka’ moment?

Cheers
Dave

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Before you try and implement this think carefully about using a jQuery version on your FW site.

The native FW actions are Script/Protaculous based (a different Javascript library to jQuery) so using them both on the same page may lead to conflicts and either or both not working. This may be why it doesn’t work for you.

Without seeing a live page where you are trying to use this we cant tell.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi David

Thanks as always for your help. Noted re possible conflicts, I always try to keep the use of actions to the bare minimum, in this case the only one in use so far is CSS Menus.

In the end I found this site which steps you through the process of creating a javascript cookie plugin, pasted in the code and it works a treat!

Cheers
Dave

On 6 Jan 2016, 9:23 pm, DeltaDave wrote:

Before you try and implement this think carefully about using a jQuery version on your FW site.

The native FW actions are Script/Protaculous based (a different Javascript library to jQuery) so using them both on the same page may lead to conflicts and either or both not working. This may be why it doesn’t work for you.

Without seeing a live page where you are trying to use this we cant tell.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

no JQuery or other dependencies.

That is good enough for me.

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options