[Pro] Amazon links and Internet Explorer

Hi,

I’ve added some text product links on my website using Amazon’s product previews script.

The effect is just as it should be on Firefox (both Mac and PC): scroll over the highlighted words and a pop-up box appears with details of how to buy the product from Amazon.

Using Opera on the Mac, no pop-up appears but you can click normally on the link, so I can live with that.

Using the lovely Internet Explorer 7 on a PC, however, it’s as if the pop-up boxes are appearing behind the page (you can sometimes see the edge of one, peeping out to the left of the body text). Not only that, but when you scroll over the highlighted text, it propels the page upwards. To add insult to injury, it’s not displaying the underline that should be there.

Any clues about fixing it?

I’ve been trying it on this page:

Look for the phrase X-Men in the second paragraph and other phrases in green text further down the page.

I’m using Freeway 5 Pro with compatibility set to IE6/IE7. I added the links using Insert>Markup Item…

Thanks for your time,

Mark

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I sent the same question to Amazon and got this response:

I understand that you are experiencing difficulties using the product links with Internet Explorer 7. I apologise for this error, this is a known issue and our technical team are currently working to develop a fix for this problem. It appears at this stage that it is only certain versions of IE7 that are affected by this error.

I can see the problem on your site as you have described and have sent your information to that team to assist with their investigation. At this point I can only apologise and assure you we are working to resolve this problem with urgency. Unfortunately I do not have an estimate of when this issue will be resolved as of yet.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options