[Pro] Any non-Freeway options for non-coders?

Sparkle is more of an all in one, more WYSIWIG (kind of, mostly) - part of the decision was that I needed something as simple and intuitive as possible to replace a dead iWeb that my wife uses to maintain her site (yeah, old!). She’s not a web developer, and not at all into coding or computer terms so anything that smelled even remotely of code would have been a bad fit.

I might get Rapidweaver later when it’s time to update the more elaborate sites done in Freeway, but for now we needed something that a real non-coder could manipulate without too much of a learning curve.

Simplicity counted, too - no additional plugins to add or buy, a more or less WYSIWIG interface, live previews in browsers. She’s already saying that Sparkle doesn’t work like iWeb, but she also seems to be figuring things out without too many issues.

So, I guess it came down to a minimal learning curve, visual interface vs. more power, more control and a steeper learning curve (vs I losing time explaining things and dealing with user frustration, never fun).

It was also fairly simple to track development history to make sure that Sparkle is still in active development.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

If you are looking for a quick and easy ‘blocks’ type of web development application then take a look at Mobirise (https://mobirise.com https://mobirise.com/). It is one of many Bootstrap builders available out there and although it doesn’t have a load of features and the blocks can look a little similar design wise the application is FREE! Whoop!
I’ve used it in the past for a simple site and quite liked the fact that I could throw a site together very quickly from the predefined blocks. I found editing a lot quicker in a text editor rather than doing it in the application itself but that is just me I guess. My only other gripe is that the code editor plug-in is almost $70 by itself.
Regards,
Tim.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: