[Pro] audio elements won't play in Chrome

Hi Walter – many thanks for the reply. I had looked briefly earlier at the source code that way with both Safari and Chrome. I combed that and didn’t see where any errors would be listed or indicated. I’ll dig further into that.

I’m happy to hear the files played for you. I wasn’t aware of an issue until a friend told me she couldn’t play the audio from her browser on an Android phone. After putting out a question on FB, another friend, who does design/development, said they also wouldn’t play in Chrome on his Windows machine. I had the same experience (with the exception I mentioned) on my Mac with Chrome. So I assumed that something was being rendered successfully in Safari and elsewhere that Chrome was more strict about. This applied to all the audio files – not just one or two.

I’ve been able to create a new page in my FW doc and add audio files to it, and have that audio play in Chrome from the server. The only difference in content compared to the problem page is the text headers and the CSS tables.

My best guesses after a lot of experimenting are that either FW is adding something to the markup that Chrome doesn’t like, or my hosting is somehow affecting the files. I use linux hosting with 1&1, and have my doc setup prefs in FW set to HTML 5, unix line feeds, and unix/windows file names.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: