[Pro] Backdraft & Adding Graphic Item

Hm - let me say it that way:

####Backdraft

Backdraft is to be seen as framework. It’ll mean, that you can grab from the available modules with different columns - but only from those. If nothing fits into your world, you’ll need to rewrite your outline (your change your design attitude)

####Templates

They’re “As Is”. You’ll need to write your outline exactly to the template, changing words, images and colors. If your outline doesn’t fit - either seek for another template or change your outline, cause you wear another designers worn shoes!!

####So something wrong with Freeway?

Nope. Freeway is just a pro tool, which allows you building your own stuff. That’s what the app has been created for. Doing so it requires some additional knowledge. It has the tools for doing everything - you just need to know where they are and how to handle those. Being aware of those tools, you won’t need neither backdraft nor a template.

####The Precise Answer to your request

In the above mentioned surroundings, items are place relative. An “in between”, “above” or “below” item will be positioned absolute. So what you basically need to know is, that an absolute positioned item is to be treated as a child item and obeys its parent. The parent can be everything, from the top-level surrounding DIV (called PageDiv), down to every single DIV in hierarchy.

So if you want to dip your toes deeper in this rather cold water, I recommend to seek for “Inflow Design” or even “BoxModel” which teaches you how to position items relative (or how Backdraft basically has been built and why). Then you slightly can start to combine this with you already known method of “Drop and Drag”. Once there, you realize that you can drag those items beyond a DIV in the sidebar. Finally it’s a question of positioning within the parent which can be done by negative values - and so on and so on.

But more than often, the trick is simply changing your attitude asking yourself:

“Do I really need it??” Think about it - even twice.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: