[Pro] Backdraft and 7.1 (7.1.1)

Reading some of the threads in connection with the Media Breakpoints not being able to be changed on 7.1 and some people indicating that the fix in 7.1.1 is not really 100% successful, i am feeling slightly nervous about upgrading as i use Backdraft and have created extra Breakpoints, within one of my sites.

Anyone had specific experience of using Backdraft on 7.1 and 7.1.1 please?

Thank You

John

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Hi John,

7.1.1 is completely backwards compatible so if you open your file (or a copy of you file to be extra safe) in 7.1.1 and it suffers any issues then you can always go back to 7.0.4. Generally speaking, if the site is working in 7.0.4 and you’re not making use of extended styles to reduce the size of large text at smaller breakpoints then you won’t see any issues at all.

Joe

On 10 Aug 2015, at 08:15, ejw email@hidden wrote:

Reading some of the threads in connection with the Media Breakpoints not being able to be changed on 7.1 and some people indicating that the fix in 7.1.1 is not really 100% successful, i am feeling slightly nervous about upgrading as i use Backdraft and have created extra Breakpoints, within one of my sites.

Anyone had specific experience of using Backdraft on 7.1 and 7.1.1 please?

Thank You

John

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Joe,

Thank You, I will try it out in the next day or so…

John

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Humm, I have a Freeway Pro website using Backdraft 2 and after I updated to 7.1.1 from 7.04, I seem to have break point issues at smaller sizes. i.e Table on down. I cannot say it was the update, but I don’t recall doing anything other than opening the file in 7.1.1 and Uploading it afterwards. My three column setups are breaking all wrong. I’m still trying to figure out what’s wrong and how to correct it. Again, not sure it was the update, but something went from working to wrong and I don’t know why.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I’ve opened and inspected page items carefully, and decided to do another upload - this seems to have corrected things for now. I still feel that I can not predictably know how much pages are going to render.
I found this url: Fixing responsive layouts - Freeway - Softpress Talk
on Softpress’ Support pages and it seems to perhaps address this issues. When I have time, I will review the entire website while looking at these recommendations/instructions. Otherwise, I feel I might simply rebuild the website from scratch, though that’s a lot of time. Heed Joe’s advice, make a copy of your website before working on it with an update of Freeway Pro and I’d also recommend keeping the older version of Freeway Pro on your computer - just in case.
With best regards - Lewis

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Sharing a link to a live example might help us as well targeting the issue - at least up to a certain degree.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Follow-up. I went through the entire website with the instructions at Fixing responsive layouts - Freeway - Softpress Talk Found and fixed a ton of issues, I feel they were introduced by the FWP update, but don’t know for certain.

I also started a new website based on Backdraft 2 template and copied and pasted some of the modules I wanted to replace in my website with these “fresh” modules. Copying and pasting the content from my older modules into them, and then deleting the original modules. This seemed to clear up any remaining breakpoint issues I was seeing.

The only remaining issue, though minor, I see, is on an iPhone 4 screen, the home/index page has some side to side scroll and doesn’t fit the screen as all the other pages do, again from side to side. Not sure which element is causing this?

Here’s the website for anyone that wants to take a peek:
http://www.steedrealestate.com

With best regards - Lewis

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

There is something in that last para “If you’re considering a move, or just have a question concerning real estate, please do not hesitate to call or stop by our office. We personally guarantee service with which you will be pleased and we look forward to having you and your families among our many friends.”

Was that copied from a Word doc or something?

Copy the text out and paste into TextWrangler as plain text then paste it back in and see if that helps.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi DeltaDave, perfect - you found the error and why the page wasn’t fitting correctly on the iPhone 4. There was some space after that paragraph, not sure if I hit a tab key or what, but now it loads perfect. Pray tell, how did you spot this?

I do note one other thing I’ve seen, not sure what’s the cause. I sometimes, not always, when previewing in browser or Uploading get this error: Action Has Javascript error. The following Actions will be ignored as they have a know JavaScript error. Action: “Box Sizing (FW7)… Now it doesn’t seem to have any effect on web page function, I dismiss and move on.

– Lewis

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden