[Pro] Background not displaying <480px

The background image of the home page loads and displays perfectly fine on all screens >480px. Any screen equal to or smaller than 480px displays a black background.
I’ve set the image as window and page backgrounds on Tablet and Phone breakpoints, but this hasn’t worked.
Any ideas?

oversitedesigns.co.uk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

I don’t see that issue here. Which browser are you seeing this in? I did notice something odd about that image, though. In the Network pane of the Web Inspector (Safari Developer Tools), the total size of the file is reported as – (indeterminate) while the total transferred is 157 bytes. I also noticed that the image was completely missing the second time I came to the site (in a full-size desktop browser), but after two or three reloads, it re-appeared. I think perhaps this image itself is the issue, and I recommend you try re-exporting it from the application where you made it. Then back in Freeway, remove it (from all breakpoints) and publish once. This will clear it out of Freeway’s memory, so you don’t get the same image again. Then re-apply it and publish and upload again. See if that fixes it.

By the way, you don’t need to set it at the window and the page, just one will do. You should not need to set a different set of styles at each breakpoint, either, since you have used the background-size property to scale it to fit the screen. You may want to change the art slightly so the moon isn’t squeezed horizontally, though. That’s a bit un-nerving to look at as a former photographer.

Walter

On Jun 11, 2017, at 11:20 AM, Jack email@hidden wrote:

The background image of the home page loads and displays perfectly fine on all screens >480px. Any screen equal to or smaller than 480px displays a black background.
I’ve set the image as window and page backgrounds on Tablet and Phone breakpoints, but this hasn’t worked.
Any ideas?

oversitedesigns.co.uk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

In Photoshop the moon is perfectly round, when I saved it as a png the image was squished… not just in freeway but in preview and everything. i have no idea why!
When i use chrome on my mobile there’s no background image. also when i use chromse on desktop and drag the window size below 480 the image disappears

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden