[Pro] Blocs (ao) and blog

Hi,

I was a big advocate of Pulse but it has changed a lot recently, getting more complex and there are now many alternatives.
I used its ‘classic’ version on my own site www.scottish-photography.co.uk as it gave me the look I wanted, plus its responsive. The ‘lightbox’ gallery especially is what I had been looking for, quick overview then nice larger images of your choice of size with captions. I also used it on another site for an arts group www.pvaf.org.uk that is easy for designated committee members to change. Both are simple sites but that is good I think for image based sites. Letting the work do the talking. The images especially can be easily changed, sequenced and captioned so ideal. Used on some other artists sites I’ve made. I used Slideshow for a while but that has died and wasn’t as good. Still used on a couple of my sites, if still live.
The Pulse blogs work fine though I found a more recent version gave me issues with the rss.
I’m currently using Pulse ‘classic’ on a holiday let site at the moment, integrated into backdraft, as the client wished to have a blog and a gallery, less so for changing the main text.

Yes, the same Tim. Clever chap. Tim incidentally was designer of a really excellent image cataloging (for the time) program called iView that was subsequently bought by Microsoft who then after a year or so killed it off. A friend still uses it and its html web option.

It all feels one is on a long walk and you keep seeing younger people overtaking at speed, only option is to find some shortcuts I guess:)

s

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: