[Pro] Blocs (ao) and blog

I thought it was likely to be the same Tim Plumb. I know Michael through his Yuzool products for Rapidweaver, having purchased a couple of his stacks, but hadn’t realised he was quite so involved with Pulse CMS.

In terms of web galleries I’ve looked at various plugin options for Rapidweaver, but they were all created by software designers who probably look at galleries as nothing more than a functional means to display images. For a photographer it’s much more important than that.

When you work in a creative field clients see your website as an extension of your personality, so it becomes a means to impress them with something more than just the photography. In a sense it’s no different to presenting a plush business card with a unique design, rather than a stale looking template from Vistaprint. I knew a makeup artists who used to hand out business cards where each one had a unique flourish created by hand with nail polish and the clients loved that.

The galleries I have seen for Rapidweaver, whether Foundation or Bootstrap are invariably clunky and lacking in finesse. I sort of gave up on Rapidweaver for this project and I’m marginally more hopeful about achieving this with Blocs, but suspect it will take considerable work. For my own purposes a CMS is not imperative here, but if it can be done that way all the better.

The images on my old photography site have not been updated in years, but look at the slideshow and the small touches, such as soft transitions and the way that thumbnails are highlighted if you pass over them with a mouse, even while the slideshow is playing. Also the way you can just click back to any image when you like and start the slideshow from the same point. http://www.ashleykaryl.com

I am in the process of transitioning from commercial to fine art photography, so at some point I’ll want to launch a completely new site with different images, but the available options have been bugging me because they all appear so clumsy, so I’d really like to see some good options and it goes without saying it has to be responsive.

Ashley

PS There is some mild nudity on that web page but nothing that would embarrass the average reader of the Sun newspaper.

offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: