[Pro] Bullets Not Lining Up With Text

I need to have bullet text for navigation and I need the bullet a larger size than the text. I can’t seem to get the bullet to line up with the text.

I’m not using Lists, because I can’t modify the bullet size. I’ve tried making the bullet graphic text and putting in a maunual shift, but then the bullet changes shape!

What is the easist way of doing this?

Thanks.

Bob


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

On 25 Aug 2009, 3:32 pm, Robert Bovasso wrote:
I’m not using Lists, because I can’t modify the bullet size.

Hi Bob,

If you’re using Freeway Pro, you can change the bullet size of a list by creating a paragraph style with the size set (e.g. by creating a new style that has left alignment set as well as the size). If you apply this style to the list, when you preview in a Browser, you will see the bullets should be the same size as the text (you don’t even need to set the size on the text separately in this example, just in the new style).

Cheers

Stewart


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Not sure if I’m doing it right, but the bullets need to be a bigger size so it’s phsically the size of the text. Right now it’s smaller than the rest of the text.

Bob


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

That might be a feature of the font, or it might still be a CSS issue.
Can you upload the page somewhere temporary and let us take a peek in
a browser?

Walter

On Aug 25, 2009, at 12:05 PM, Robert Bovasso wrote:

Not sure if I’m doing it right, but the bullets need to be a bigger
size so it’s phsically the size of the text. Right now it’s smaller
than the rest of the text.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Sure. Here’s what I have so far. Just started this today.

http://k923.net/english1review/index.html

The navigation text on the left is what I’m talking about. I’d like the bullets as large as the text.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Those bullets look to be the right size for that font. You could try
using an image as the bullet if you want larger bullets, but I don’t
think you can skew just the bullet glyph larger than the rest of the
text in the list item using CSS.

Tim Plumb has a free Action to make image-bullets in Freeway. Have a
search on http://FreewayActions.com

Walter

On Aug 25, 2009, at 12:32 PM, Robert Bovasso wrote:

Sure. Here’s what I have so far. Just started this today.

http://k923.net/english1review/index.html

The navigation text on the left is what I’m talking about. I’d like
the bullets as large as the text.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Thanks.

They are probably the correct size for the font, but I need them visually as big as the text.

I look for that Action.

Bob


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Well, I got it to line up better using graphic circles, but now when I style it as a link, the circle isn’t picked up.

Anyway to make that work?

Thanks.

Bob


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options