[Pro] Business Card Title?

I’m getting ready to order some new business cards. For the past several years, I’ve used the title president, which seems a bit pretentious since my company only consists of two people.

I want to come up with a clever title that I can have some fun with when I’m networking. Any ideas?

BTW, my company is a full-service design and marketing company, which includes websites.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

With a company that small, are titles important?

In a creative company, Principal or Principal Creative sounds better.

When I had a small studio, on tax forms I listed my position as “Chief Cook
and Bottle Washer”.


Ernie Simpson

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 8:06 PM, RavenManiac email@hidden wrote:

I’m getting ready to order some new business cards. For the past several
years, I’ve used the title president, which seems a bit pretentious since
my company only consists of two people.

I want to come up with a clever title that I can have some fun with when
I’m networking. Any ideas?

BTW, my company is a full-service design and marketing company, which
includes websites.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

On 16 Apr 2014, 12:14 am, The Big Erns wrote:

With a company that small, are titles important?

In a creative company, Principal or Principal Creative sounds better.

When I had a small studio, on tax forms I listed my position as “Chief Cook
and Bottle Washer”.

Ernie Simpson

Probably not. I think the trick is to come up with something clever, professional, and memorable.

The one thing I constantly have a problem with is people often think I’m a girl because of my name. Not sure if that’s good or bad. Might encourage more calls. :slight_smile: I wonder if something creative followed by Guy would work?


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

My friend Jim Rendek had “Art Guy” on his cards for years. I think he tried to get that as his license plate at one point.

Walter

On Apr 15, 2014, at 8:25 PM, RavenManiac wrote:

On 16 Apr 2014, 12:14 am, The Big Erns wrote:

With a company that small, are titles important?

In a creative company, Principal or Principal Creative sounds better.

When I had a small studio, on tax forms I listed my position as “Chief Cook
and Bottle Washer”.

Ernie Simpson

Probably not. I think the trick is to come up with something clever, professional, and memorable.

The one thing I constantly have a problem with is people often think I’m a girl because of my name. Not sure if that’s good or bad. Might encourage more calls. :slight_smile: I wonder if something creative followed by Guy would work?


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

What about Creative Energy Officer? Works well with my company name and kinda makes sense, in a corny kinda way. :slight_smile:


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Here’s another one of my favorites from The Big Lebowski:

The Dude


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

What about Creative Energy Officer?

What about Main Man!

No worries about being thought about as a gal

D


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Or CIO - Chief Idea Officer


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Creative Problem Solver?


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Of course, there’s the old tried and true Creative Director title. :slight_smile:


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

http://modernerd.com/post/348089106/the-job-title-blacklist-for-the-self-employed


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Or Himself.

On Apr 15, 2014, at 8:56 PM, RavenManiac wrote:

Of course, there’s the old tried and true Creative Director title. :slight_smile:


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

My accountant just told me I’m officially a Managing Partner, but that’s boring.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I had a professor in art school whose name was Kelly. He was from Texas and went by the name Mack. Everybody called my uncle Lyall “Lefty”.

Personally, I think a name like yours is good. It fosters individualism and independence. Use it. Wave it in people’s faces. Dare them to say something about it, and that you’ll use the insanity defense if they do. Or change it to something cool, like Max Power. Doh!


Ernie Simpson

On Apr 15, 2014, at 8:25 PM, “RavenManiac” email@hidden wrote:

The one thing I constantly have a problem with is people often think I’m a girl because of my name.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

You’re too funny. FWIW, I did change my email address on my new BCs to kelly@… There is something to be said about having a memorable name. LOL


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Marge Simpson:

What exactly is it your company does again?

Homer Simpson:

This industry moves so fast it’s really hard to tell. That’s why I need a name that’s cutting-edge, like CutCo, EdgeCom, Interslice. Come on, Marge, you’re good at these! Help me out!

Marge Simpson:

How about… Compuglobalhypermeganet?

Homer Simpson:

Fine, it’s not important. What really matters is my title. I think I’ll make myself… vice president. No, wait! Junior vice president!

Cheers

Thomas


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

That’s great!


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

On 16 Apr 2014, 2:09 am, The Big Erns wrote:

Or change it to something cool, like Max Power. Doh!

That’s my cat’s name!


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Decided to take Ernie’s suggestion and go with:
Principal, Creative Director

Thanks guys. Max Power the cat. That’s awesome.


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Here’s another interesting article just in case you ever have the need to describe your position: http://justcreative.com/2007/12/18/designer-job-descriptions/


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options