[Pro] Can longer update my website

These changes would not be caused by anything in Freeway, unless you changed the settings in the Site Preferences dialog, they would not change in the document. Uploading and uploading timing out will not alter your document on your Mac. If your hosting provider changed your password, or made any of hundreds of other possible configuration changes on their server – that could cause this issue, both the timing out and the failure to recognize you on the next try.

Yes, it is sad that Softpress have gone out of business, but that doesn’t have anything to do with your copy of Freeway on your Mac, or your document that you created with it. Freeway does not “phone home” or do anything else with respect to Softpress the company when it runs on your computer.

What you can do to see what is going on here is enable logging in the Upload dialog (bottom-left corner of File / Upload). This saves a file in ~/Library/Logs/Freeway Pro/ called ftp.log (regardless what form of upload you use). That file will show all of the low-level commands that the application issued, as well as the replies from the server. This may give you a better idea what is going on, or at least some more information to share with us as you continue to debug the issue. After you enable logging, try uploading again. (Also, it’s a very good idea to try restarting your entire Mac as a general “can’t hurt” first step before you try again.) Then read that file and see what it says. If you don’t see a Library folder in your home folder (it’s hidden in modern versions of Mac OS X), then hold down the Option key in the Finder while pressing the Go menu item. That ‘un-hides’ it temporarily.

Walter

On Nov 15, 2016, at 7:26 PM, Karlos via freewaytalk email@hidden wrote:

My website is for my band. Recently I updated our website and it timed out when I uploaded the changes. Although it had this error it still published my changes despite it saying it hadn’t. This was a few weeks ago and as a consequence this is how I found out softpress are no longer around. I went to add another gig to our gig page this eve and when I went to update the changes it said username or password not recognised. These settings are saved and have not changed. I’m gutted. Any suggestions? :frowning:

www.thetransitions.co.uk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options