[Pro] Can't change file format on Save

In the File/Save dialog (all of them: Save As…, Save a Copy as…, Save Selection as) the format drop down menu is ‘set’ to a specific format that is no longer changeable. "Save As is set to ‘intaglio document’, Save a Copy as is set to PDF and ‘Save Selection’ as is set to PNG. When I click the drop down in each of them, the menu does not react at all. I am not given any list of other file formats to save the file into.

Has anyone else experience this and what do I need to do to fix it?

I am running Intagio 3.4.1a on OSX 10.8.2

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Assuming you are running on a Retina display, I had the same problem. I was told to open the Info window for the Intaglio App and check the box Open in Low Resolution. That fixed the problem and I was told the App would eventually be fixed. I have other, non-Retina Macs, and did not experience the problem on those.

Bill Nash

On Dec 21, 2012, at 9:12 PM, Pete Leonard email@hidden wrote:

In the File/Save dialog (all of them: Save As…, Save a Copy as…, Save Selection as) the format drop down menu is ‘set’ to a specific format that is no longer changeable. "Save As is set to ‘intaglio document’, Save a Copy as is set to PDF and ‘Save Selection’ as is set to PNG. When I click the drop down in each of them, the menu does not react at all. I am not given any list of other file formats to save the file into.

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Bill,
You nailed it!.. I am indeed running a Retina display and you have delivered the solution.
Thank you!

now… we have to wait for PurgatoryDesign to get the app upgraded to support the Retina display.
Pete

On 22 Dec 2012, 2:12 am, Pete Leonard wrote:

On 22 Dec 2012, 2:23 am, Bill Nash wrote:

Assuming you are running on a Retina display, I had the same problem. I was told to open the Info window for the Intaglio App and check the box Open in Low Resolution. That fixed the problem and I was told the App would eventually be fixed. I have other, non-Retina Macs, and did not experience the problem on those.

Bill Nash

On Dec 21, 2012, at 9:12 PM, Pete Leonard

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Pete. I had the same issue on day one. As Bill said, that’s the trick. However, I don’t like looking at the non-retina UI. 99% of the time, I’m only saving out as PDF, so I just opened in low resolution, saved something out as PDF. Then shut down, opened back in normal resolution, and now although I can’t choose which format to save to, PDF is there now by default, and I just save as.

I’ve been using iDraw more since I got my retina MBP, and I’m really getting to like iDraw, but I still go to Intaglio when I need to create stuff. But I’m finding more that after I create it with Intaglio, I go to iDraw to create the layouts.

Intaglio is as powerful an app as I need, but the UI is very dated, and I really hope it can be updated for the next major release.

I love Pixelmator… and if Intaglio adopted that look, I would be in heaven. That’s probably why I like iDraw, as it does have the Pixelmator look and feel.

But iDraw is still lacking in many feature I need.

Bryan

Intaglio mailing list
email@hidden