[Pro] Carousel action no longer working

I wonder whether someone can help me! I have extensively used the carousel action on my site, I have recently started using a different Mac and moved over all of my sites onto it. I have installed the Carousel action on my new machine, but it no longer appears to work. I have made a lot of minor amendments to my site, but I have not uploaded them as I fear that the Carousel action for all of my gallery pages will be deleted.

I know this will happen as I did a small website for a friend, I made a couple of changes to his site, re-uploaded it and now the carousel action does not work!

If anyone can help I would be very appreciative. Many Thanks.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

What version of the Action were you using previously? Did the
directions you followed say that you had to group the panes together
in order to use the Action? If so, you will have to do a little re-
building, but the new system will offer much greater flexibility in
site construction and maintenance.

Have a look at this thread for explanation: http://freewaytalk.net/thread/view/51656

Walter

On Feb 24, 2010, at 12:07 PM, A Matters wrote:

I wonder whether someone can help me! I have extensively used the
carousel action on my site, I have recently started using a
different Mac and moved over all of my sites onto it. I have
installed the Carousel action on my new machine, but it no longer
appears to work. I have made a lot of minor amendments to my site,
but I have not uploaded them as I fear that the Carousel action for
all of my gallery pages will be deleted.

I know this will happen as I did a small website for a friend, I
made a couple of changes to his site, re-uploaded it and now the
carousel action does not work!

If anyone can help I would be very appreciative. Many Thanks.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Thanks for the quick response - thing is I was using the latest version of the action, I did not have to group anything. I found the action a joy to apply so am now confused as to why it is no longer working.

My friends web page with the problem: http://www.dj-davey-g.co.uk/gallerypage.html

My own site with loads of galleries: http://www.heterarchy.co.uk/galleryheterarchy.html

Any ideas what has broken?

Thanks again, Tony.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

The JavaScript files are not being linked to the head of the page for
some reason. This is from your friend’s site:

<script src="" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"> </script>
<script src="" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"> </script>
<script src="" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"> </script>

Try these steps (very useful in almost all Action-related file issues).

  1. Locate the folder where Freeway publishes your local copy of the
    site (the Site Folder as indicated in the Document Setup dialog)
  2. Open that folder in the Finder, select all contents, and drag to
    the trash (or Apple-Delete).
  3. Empty the trash.
  4. Publish again in Freeway. (This re-generates all files from
    scratch, and dirties all pages so Freeway really digs deep and re-
    creates all of the resources for the site.)
  5. Upload from Freeway to your server.

If this doesn’t clear it up, please let me know.

Walter

On Feb 24, 2010, at 12:40 PM, A Matters wrote:

Thanks for the quick response - thing is I was using the latest
version of the action, I did not have to group anything. I found
the action a joy to apply so am now confused as to why it is no
longer working.

My friends web page with the problem: http://www.dj-davey-g.co.uk/gallerypage.html

My own site with loads of galleries: http://www.heterarchy.co.uk/galleryheterarchy.html

Any ideas what has broken?

Thanks again, Tony.


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I’ve tried this and it appears to have not worked. It has made the missing button re-appear but thats about it.

I do appreciate your help with this and apologise if I’ve managed to create a real awkward problem!

Tony


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Are you sure that the Action is installed in your current version of
Freeway? Freeway does this very helpful thing where it caches any
Actions used in the current site within the Freeway document itself.
If you pass the document off to another person who doesn’t have all
the same Actions installed as you, that document will still work
because the cached versions are being used. But for complex, multi-
file Actions like Carousel, that doesn’t work, because while the
Action file itself IS cached, the external files the Action needs are
not.

Try this. Open up your Actions folder: /Users/[your home folder]/
Application Support/Freeway 5/Actions/General/ and see if you see a
file labeled Protaculous.fwactionb. (You might not see the filename
extension, unless you have that feature turned on in your Finder
preferences.) It should have a little 3D gear icon.

If you don’t, then download a new copy from ActionsForge, and then
drag the icon of the Action over Freeway’s Dock icon while Freeway is
running. (Close this trouble document first.) You should see an alert
that you are installing Actions.

Now try publishing your site again, and see if the library names
appear magically in the head of the page. A properly-functioning copy
of the Action will make a set of script blocks that look like this:

<script src="Resources/prototype-packed.js" type="text/javascript">
</script>
<script src="Resources/scriptaculous-packed.js" type="text/javascript">
</script>
<script src="Resources/glider.js" type="text/javascript">
</script>

Walter

On Feb 24, 2010, at 1:39 PM, A Matters wrote:

I’ve tried this and it appears to have not worked. It has made the
missing button re-appear but thats about it.

I do appreciate your help with this and apologise if I’ve managed to
create a real awkward problem!

Tony


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

That’s it, sorted! Thank you so much for taking the time to help me resolve this issue, I really appreciate it very much indeed.

Many Thanks
Tony


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options