[Pro] center elements in Responsive CSS Menu

One thing to add to Ernie’s excellent treatise here: the reason why you choose a class vs. an ID vs a tag (lower-case t — I’ll explain in a moment). There are several, and I am sure there are more I am not thinking of at the moment:

1. An ID may never be repeated in a single page. So any style you associate with an ID can only be used once in a page.
  2. A class may be applied to multiple items, and if you are using the Extended interface, you may apply multiple classes to a single item. Use this to set up partial styles that do part of the story, and then combine them to give the whole picture.
  3. A tag may be styled (and all of them are, by the browser’s user-agent sheet), and so you can rely on them all behaving a certain way (so you don’t have to re-specify their common characteristics). But as with anything else CSS, these assumptions can be overridden. Tag in this case means the name of the HTML element: div, p, input, table. Every thing in a page has some inherent style.

Now the Tag input in the Freeway Style Editor is a back-door into putting more elaborate CSS into your page. As others have noted here, Freeway only publishes the styles that it thinks are actually used on the page. But if you enter the entire selector (long-hand) into the Tag field, and then make sure that the Name field is empty, you have created what Freeway considers a manual style, one that it will always publish all the time. Combine that with adding classnames through the Extended interface on elements, or simply by adjusting the ID using the Inspector, and you can inject a lot of very special styles into your page, and trust Freeway to manage them for you.

Walter

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: