[Pro] confused by this... graphic title Q

Hi,

I have a graphic on my master; we’ll call it “hello.png” that appears on 30 pages.

I have made the graphic smaller in size and renamed the file hellosmaller.png.

I went to the MASTER and imported the new hellosmaller.png in where the original was.

I watched the other pages in the site panel and they all got dots showing that a change was made.

On the MASTER when I click once on the graphic and looked at the TITLE in the inspector it shows “hellosmaller”

BUT when I go to the other pages and look in the TITLE for the new graphics the original title is still there “hello”

In order to tell if the new graphic replaced the old in the pages, I uploaded the site, viewed it on the internet and right clicked the grahic as if to save it and the NEW file name is there leading me to believe that the new graphic did go to all 30 pages.

On each page, Use master settings and Use master content are both checked.

So, my question is why is the TITLE not changing on all the site pages to reflect the new file and do I have to change each graphic individually (which would remove its connection to master)

Thanks,

Barry

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Barry,
I didn’t see a reply so I offer this in hope that it helps. On the page with the hello item selected make sure the master content and master something/item boxes are both checked. Publish and repeat for each page that is stuck on old content. That should get you closer to an answer anyway…
Frank H.

Sent from my iPod

On Jul 4, 2012, at 8:21 AM, “Barry Hoffman” email@hidden wrote:

Hi,

I have a graphic on my master; we’ll call it “hello.png” that appears on 30 pages.

I have made the graphic smaller in size and renamed the file hellosmaller.png.

I went to the MASTER and imported the new hellosmaller.png in where the original was.

I watched the other pages in the site panel and they all got dots showing that a change was made.

On the MASTER when I click once on the graphic and looked at the TITLE in the inspector it shows “hellosmaller”

BUT when I go to the other pages and look in the TITLE for the new graphics the original title is still there “hello”

In order to tell if the new graphic replaced the old in the pages, I uploaded the site, viewed it on the internet and right clicked the grahic as if to save it and the NEW file name is there leading me to believe that the new graphic did go to all 30 pages.

On each page, Use master settings and Use master content are both checked.

So, my question is why is the TITLE not changing on all the site pages to reflect the new file and do I have to change each graphic individually (which would remove its connection to master)

Thanks,

Barry

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden