[Pro] Creating a PHP Web Site

Hi there, I hope someone can help me.

I’ve been trying to develop a card business web site in DreamWeaver CS3 and now CS4 but I’m a novice with that software and come from a desktop design background. I’ve been trying out Freeway Pro 5.3.2 and want to know if I can build a PHP/MySQL site with just a couple of pages talking to the database on our server. For starters I pretty much need This:

1. A home page which will have categories that can be clicked and then go to a results page which will show a thumbnails list either vertical or horizontal that the customer can click on the thumbnail and get to a detail page from which they can order the product. All the data coming in dynamically. Also would like to have random images of cards appear on the home page when loaded that customers can link to.

2. A search page that can search by key words that we’ve entered in the database and then goes to a results page which will show a thumbnails list either vertical or horizontal that the customer can click and get to a detail page from which they can order the product.

So the dynamic info would be the home page, the search page, the results page and a detail page.

I’ve set up the databases on our server and have been playing around in Dreamweaver with some basic search and result stuff but would like to do this in Freeway if possible because of the graphic design ease. I would then build in the freeway shop and set up with Mal’s e-commerce. We have around 500 cards and growing and If I can get the data on the site dynamically in a few pages then the upkeep would be much more manageable. Are there any actions that do the job of query’s or do I have to create an action to do this?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Alex

dynamo mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Why not take a look at Expression Engine? It works very well together with FW, thanks to the action made by Joe Muscara. There is already lots of info to be found in this maillist.
EE even offers a -simple- commerce module with Pay-Pal support, meaning your customers -once logged in- have also access to certain parts of the site that are customer-only.

dynamo mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options