[Pro] Easy question regarding tables

Hi all,

Can someone please tell me what I can do better.

I have two tables on a page. One beneath the other. They are running into each other on some browsers and iphones, etc.

I would consider making one table and then not have the problem, but they are not identical. The first table has some rows split into 3 cells while some rows in the 2nd table are split into 2 cells, etc.

I do not seem to be able to combine the tables or group them to fix the problem and am a little stuck.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Barry

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

while not ideal probably, I think I can put the 2nd table in the last row of the 1st table and this would work to not have them run into each other.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Draw an HTML box larger than both tables. Click once on the first table, so its corner handles appear, and Cut to the clipboard. Double-click inside your HTML box, and paste. Repeat with the second table, after liberal application of the down-arrow to ensure that your text cursor is at the end of the content flow inside your wrapper HTML box. Finally, move the HTML box into the correct position on the page. Both tables will respect each other’s β€œspace”, and when one grows, the other will be shoved down and out of its way. For a final grace note, set the height of the outer HTML box to Flexible.

Walter

On Jul 12, 2016, at 10:44 AM, Hoffkids email@hidden wrote:

Hi all,

Can someone please tell me what I can do better.

I have two tables on a page. One beneath the other. They are running into each other on some browsers and iphones, etc.

I would consider making one table and then not have the problem, but they are not identical. The first table has some rows split into 3 cells while some rows in the 2nd table are split into 2 cells, etc.

I do not seem to be able to combine the tables or group them to fix the problem and am a little stuck.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Barry

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks Walt.

Will try your method despite my new one (adding 2nd table into final row of 1st table) seems to do the trick.

Yours seem better in multiple ways.

:slight_smile:

Barry

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Or you could make one table that has the correct number of rows and is six cells wide. Then you can combine the cells in each row (Item > Table > Join cells) as necessary to give you the three or two larger cells you require.

All the best

Gordon

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks Gordon but I may have forgotten to mention the main reason this is a problem. … The size of the cells in the rows of the two tables are not all the same.

So when I made the column of 1 cell wider it affected all the ones below which is probably why I made 2 tables to begin with.

Hope this makes sense.

Barry

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden