[Pro] Enhancing Photos?

What software do you use to sharpen and/or enhance your website photos?


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

On 26 Jun 2013, at 00:50, RavenManiac email@hidden wrote:

What software do you use to sharpen and/or enhance your website photos?

Used to be Photoshop, but these days it’s Apple’s Aperture. I have the NIK plugins too, which were recently bought out by Google and reduced massively in price, and that lends a huge amount of power to it, although Aperture on its own is good enough for me.

best wishes,

Paul Bradforth


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

And for me it’s Photoshop. Being first and foremost an illustrator it’s a ‘must have’ programme for me regardless of the price unfortunately.
Trev

On 26 Jun 2013, at 10:15, Paul Bradforth wrote:

On 26 Jun 2013, at 00:50, RavenManiac email@hidden wrote:

What software do you use to sharpen and/or enhance your website photos?

Used to be Photoshop, but these days it’s Apple’s Aperture. I have the NIK plugins too, which were recently bought out by Google and reduced massively in price, and that lends a huge amount of power to it, although Aperture on its own is good enough for me.

best wishes,

Paul Bradforth


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Export out via Lightroom but increasingly using Pixlemator. Remember its also contrast and clarity that will make for a good looking image on the web.

s


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I use Photoshop’s Save for Devices to create my final sized web images, but
my favorite software for prepping those web images beforehand would be
Snapseed from NIK software and sadly no longer available for Mac.

Paul, I’m using the NIK plugin with Photoshop, which I bought pre-Google
and still love. For anyone still speaking or thinking like a pre-digital
Photographer, they are absolutely fantastic.


Ernie Simpson

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 5:15 AM, Paul Bradforth email@hiddenwrote:

On 26 Jun 2013, at 00:50, RavenManiac email@hidden wrote:

What software do you use to sharpen and/or enhance your website photos?

Used to be Photoshop, but these days it’s Apple’s Aperture. I have the NIK
plugins too, which were recently bought out by Google and reduced massively
in price, and that lends a huge amount of power to it, although Aperture on
its own is good enough for me.

best wishes,

Paul Bradforth


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Thanks everyone for your input.

What about Perfect Photo Suite 7 from OnOne? Has anyone tried that?

http://www.ononesoftware.com


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I’m with Paul B.

I use Aperture for my photo work, and if I can’t access the relevant library (only one library at a time, usually the most recently accessed one, is available through the usual import dialogs) then I export out direct to a suitable scaled JPEG.

If something needs some heavy retouching, Pixelmator. Since I’ve acquired a new Mac mini, the Adobe software suites have been consigned to remain on my old MacBook Pro for when I need them to work on old stuff.

Heather


Imagic Design • Good Design - No Compromise
email@hidden
http://www.imagic-design.co.uk
Twitter: @Imagic-Design
T: 01634 864017


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

My two cents - I don’t go in for these “magic” automated solutions. You
should focus on your skills, not on your tools. Today’s graphic market is
geared toward mass-production mediocrity ethics, and if you want to show me
that you’re just as interchangeable as all the other talent-less low-wage
graphic slave-monkeys whose skillset never exceeds their toolbox, then you
per se will never become valuable. However, show me that you understand
what exceptional work truly is and that you can achieve it and I won’t care
what tools you use.


Ernie Simpson

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 5:42 AM, RavenManiac email@hidden wrote:

Thanks everyone for your input.

What about Perfect Photo Suite 7 from OnOne? Has anyone tried that?

http://www.ononesoftware.com


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

On 26 Jun 2013, at 10:56, Ernie Simpson email@hidden wrote:

My two cents

Don’t forget the various plugins and suites only provide a one-click repeatable alternative to moving the sliders about yourself. In Lightroom and Aperture, once you’ve found settings that work for you, you can save your own presets.

It’s cheaper to roll your own. ;o)

Heather


Imagic Design • Good Design - No Compromise
email@hidden
http://www.imagic-design.co.uk
Twitter: @Imagic-Design
T: 01634 864017


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

On 26 Jun 2013, at 10:53, Heather Kavanagh email@hidden wrote:

If something needs some heavy retouching, Pixelmator.

I forgot to mention Pixelmator! I use it too, it’s very good. What I like about it is that it’s constantly and rapidly developed; it already has what are, for me, the most important parts of Photoshop: Layers and Layer Masks, and other Photoshop-like things seem to come with every release.

best wishes,

Paul Bradforth


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

On 26 Jun 2013, at 10:38, Ernie Simpson email@hidden wrote:

my favorite software for prepping those web images beforehand would be
Snapseed from NIK software and sadly no longer available for Mac.

Too true. Snapseed’s demise was the main reason I bought the NIK plugins for Aperture.

best wishes,

Paul Bradforth


offtopic mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options