[Pro] Examples of shopping cart made in freeway

Thanks Walter for alerting me to this thread. Unfortunately I don’t email notifications of posts to this forum any more so I only every get to see posts when I remember to swing by and take a look.

The Mals cart is quite good as a general shopping cart solution in as much as it really doesn’t care what products you add to it. Unlike a lot of other cart solutions where you have to build a stock list of items you want to sell along with product codes, prices, descriptions, sizes etc. you can create a buy now button or form from anything and pass that along to the Mals cart for checkout. This makes the cart quite flexible (as you can add your products on the go) but also means the set up can be a little complex as all of that product data has to be added into your HTML.

One of the biggest drawbacks in regards to working with Mals is that if you want to add a new product to your site then you’ll need to add it into the HTML (probably with Freeway). This isn’t too tricky if you know your way around Freeway but it would be out of the question for most clients who just want to update a spreadsheet or other database with their store changes.

If you are looking for a cart that you can sell one-off items (art, jewellery etc) then I’d suggest looking at some of the more art-dedicated shopping solutions. I’ve used Big Cartel (https://www.bigcartel.com/) in the past for fine artists and print makers and it works well for them although you will need to redirect the user into their shopping site rather than embed the products into your site.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: