[Pro] Fixed Navigation

Hi there,

I wondered if anyone had suggestions on how to enable the responsive navigation to bounce back up automatically after clicking to the page you want to go to so it just shows the main navigation header. Otherwise on the mobile, if the navigation menu is quite long, it hides most of the page. I know it is possible to click the hamburger to hide but automatic would be neater and more user friendly.

Thanks for your help

Mog

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Hi Mog,
Nice looking site. It looks like you’ve found a use case that wasn’t considered when the responsive menu was created.
I can think of two ways of putting the responsive menu away when a link is clicked but neither is elegant;

1. Somehow try and append an onclick event to each anchor tag to put the menu away using JavaScript;
<li><span class="navigation"><a href="#hello" onclick="toggle()">Hello</a></span></li>
<li><span class="navigation"><a href="#LunchMenu" onclick="toggle()">Menu</a></span></li>
<li><span class="navigation"><a href="#beer" onclick="toggle()">Beer</a></span></li>

I doubt you’ll be able to get to these links easily (if at all) as they will be buried in the heart of an Action.

1. Change the anchor links from #hello, #LunchMenu etc to add in the page name as well;
<li><span class="navigation"><a href="index.html#hello">Hello</a></span></li>
<li><span class="navigation"><a href="index.html#LunchMenu">Menu</a></span></li>
<li><span class="navigation"><a href="index.html#beer">Beer</a></span></li>

This will cause the page to reload AND jump to the correct anchor point and in doing so will put the responsive menu away for you.
Regards,
Tim.

On 17 Sep 2014, at 17:09, mog wrote:

I wondered if anyone had suggestions on how to enable the responsive navigation to bounce back up automatically after clicking to the page you want to go to so it just shows the main navigation header. Otherwise on the mobile, if the navigation menu is quite long, it hides most of the page. I know it is possible to click the hamburger to hide but automatic would be neater and more user friendly.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options