[Pro] Flash help

I’ve always felt that one of the downsides to FW was that it will create a copy of your .swf files into your “Resources” folder if you embed it into an HTML item.

Normally that’s fine, but in some cases - yes, I agree, that’s a real PITA.

f you have created a sub folder in the “Resources” directory called “audio”, and you had an .swf file in there, FW should be able to just reference the .swf file directly from the “audio” sub directory

Yes, but… can I just stop you there for a moment? It is really Bad Form, and a generally Bad Idea too, to go putting anything anywhere within the Site Folder that your Freeway document uses on your own Mac. It is absolutely fine to do this on the remote server of course, but I do recommend tat you don’t do this locally. If, of course, that’s what you meant - I could be misunderstanding totally! :slight_smile:

It is just a general bad idea for people to do that unless they’re totally familiar with how things work and understand the issues - so I do try to point this out for anyone who might read these threads later.

I’m not saying that FW should always reference files where they stand, but should at least have the option to do so.

More control and finer-grained control of resources is something that has been wished for for some time. One day…

k

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

k,

In regards to the “audio” sub directory of the “Resources” folder, yes, that’s what I was talking about. I am a seasoned web/Flash designer, so I know the risks involved. I was just using that as an example of a situation where FW would create a copy of an .swf file. Normally, I like to create my Flash files so that they are self-contained in one folder. This is the reason for my whole rant!

I find myself having to bypass the simple, clean and CORRECT way to create Flash files just so that they will play nice with FW. It just gets frustrating when I spend so much time on something, thinking that it will just be “plug n’ play” in Freeway, and having it turn out to be a total catastrophe. Thanks again for your input.

TB

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options