[Pro] Fluid layout

I think you do not realize what a complicated thing you’re asking for… a layout plus html slideshow that must fit both browser width and height, except on mobile screens.

If you look at how your example link accomplished the task, it is done with a lot of custom code, ostensibly written for Squarespace users. However, the behavior is limited to just the slideshows-- no other page on the site displays that behavior, not even the Home page which is the most similar. The behavior is also limited to desktop screens, as iPhone and iPad screens show the image and text as one long scrolling page.

The challenge here is to not only figure out how to do all that, but then retrofit that solution into Freeway. Then I’d have to explain how all that was done. Too much effort for me at the moment so I will pass. Also, I find that such design “solutions” place too heavy a value on presentation-- in disregard for the content, certainly for the end-user who should be in control of how they view content.

Perhaps you can find a similar third-party slideshow you can customize to fit your design goals, or perhaps you can make your own. What I am saying is there is no magic bullet to get what you want. You are going to have to decide if it’s worth it and then make the investment to reach that goal.

Good luck.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: