[Pro] FREEWAY BACK

$50/month is a freaking LOT of money! Not everyone here is “in financial danger if you can’t pay a measly $50/month to Adobe,” either. Not everyone who uses Freeway is in the same boat.

There’s a reason SERIF is doing well with its excellent subscription-free Affinity Photo and Designer software. Publisher is forthcoming too. I doubt Serif would be doing as well if Adobe did not have a subscription model because their competing product would not be needed as much. It will take years for Serif to truly dethrone fat-and-sassy Adobe, but I look forward to that day with the greatest of zeal, as do countless others in the graphic design world.

With a subscription, you could pay that $50 per month religiously for 10 to 15 years, only to find yourself one day unable to pay for some reason, and you’re then left with a bunch of documents and a dysfunctional app.

If MUSE was a one-time buy, I think it would be a rather excellent product. But it’s not so I cannot even ponder it for a second. I ponder the future of Freeway, and I also ponder the future of Blocs, which really is a very promising app that is quite good even now, for people who don’t need site-search and responsive tables (for tabular data).

–James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: