[Pro] FREEWAY BACK

As I said, not everyone here is in the same boat.

You have justified the cost, which is why you consider $50/month insignificant relative to the ROI you apparently get from it. And that’s great. But that does not hold true for me and many others here. Neither do such arguments hold water for lovers of Serif and its “subscription free” apps, which really are quite excellent.

Blocs is also the only that lets you design your site by your own creativity, not by templates, and as you said, it can be had for an excellent price – but a price that does not recur every single month, thankfully!

Is MUSE better than Blocs? To be rather blunt, I personally don’t care if MUSE is so smart it even makes my bed each morning. So long as MUSE is sold exclusively by subscription, it provokes no interest in me. Am I along in thinking so ill of subscriptions? No. Again, ask Serif to found out. I’m not the lone person on this planet or in this forum who thinks this way about the Adobe subscription model.

By the way, not all software companies are as naughty as Adobe when it comes to subscriptions. Microsoft offers Office in the 365 program and as a standalone purchase. One can only have respect for them in doing so. CHOICE is good. Blocs exists now for an excellent one-time price, and word has it (albeit with zero evidence) that a new Freeway rewritten in SWIFT is coming. May it come more SWIFTly!

–James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: