[Pro] Freeway courses

Good afternoon,

I contacted Softpress to see whether it still ran courses in Freeway — but it doesn’t.

I’m not a beginner: I just want to get better.

Does anyone on the list and living in the southeast of England offer Freeway courses? They must be offered through a registered company or sole trader.

Regards

Will

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Hi Will,

am not really sure what you’re after, but let me add some notes here:

To a good amount, FreewayPro is used by “amateurs” trying to solve the “one” project page. Another part are people, pretend being “designers” and therefor trying to make some turnover by doing client projects. And a very small part is using Freeway for professional purposes, doing high-end projects and even trying to embed it into a professional workflows.

Thinking this structure as a pyramid, the number of people being able tutoring is rapidly decreasing.

But the Reality these days is anyway to be read different:

The most amount of a web-project is off any editor no matter what name or system. Being a good web designer is a matter of good authoring, structuring content, researching and writing a lil nice story. Once having this storyline it’s just a matter of building the framework. And here, Freeway is indeed the most advanced application doing so. The responsive machinery included, it has outstanding opportunities regarding flexibility and speed.

There are some prerequisites doing so:

1. Never use Freeway as your layout application
  2. Prepare stuff, story, images and materials

and learn the difference between position: absolute and position:relative.

I’m not giving courses, but running theLounge. TheLounge is a lil bar - all the world over - where the drinks are for free - the entry however not.

There I’m NOT teaching how to work with Freeway, there I’m showing how I handle Freeway to achieve my goals. This is nothing a manual could cover - it’s a matter of attitude. I even force you in a new design corset.

And as every good barkeeper, I’m naturally not registered, officially listed or certified. I’m simply there and it’s your personal brew visiting me.

Cheers

Thomas

TheLounge can be visited on http://www.kimmich-digitalmedia.com/lounge and on this page, there are even some free videos - just to figure out the expectations.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thank you, Thomas,

That looks interesting. I’ve now found a company that does Freeway courses — http://www.freewaytraining.co.uk — so I’m going to learn as much as I can there.

I may be popping into the Lounge after that.

All the best

Will

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Excellent - well yes, Tim is a Pro - on the top of the pyramid :slight_smile:

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden