[Pro] Freeway non scrolling background

Hi All.
I have just finished a new site for a client and we really like the effect of the non scrolling background (See the menu) we want to use the image as static and the menu scrolls.
This works really well on a Mac however when you view the site on an ipad or iphone it doesn’t and the image is static half way down the page.
I know I can cure this by just having a one color background but we would love to use the effect as seen on a Mac and the background image.
I will leave the site online as it is for a few days and hope someone on Freeway Talk has an idea of how we can do this.
Thanks Everyone

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

1st thing you want to do is reduce the the file sizes of these background images.

Currently at over 1.4Mb these are far too large and slow to load.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks for the comment Dave, yes I can optimize the background images so that they load faster, however this has nothing to do with the problem with the non scrolling background in my post can I get some feedback regarding that from the Freeway Talk team.
Thanks.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Victor,

Non-scrolling backgrounds aren’t supported on these devices. You can still make the background image look good on them, rather than just fitting within the page as is happening at the minute.

While you can do all this in Freeway 5 (by hacking in your own CSS), the easiest way to do it is using Freeway 7 to make the pages responsive (so they fit into the available widths on those devices). You then just need to make the backgrounds scroll when viewed on mobile and tablet.

Joe

On 25 Jun 2015, at 10:49, Victor email@hidden wrote:

Thanks for the comment Dave, yes I can optimize the background images so that they load faster, however this has nothing to do with the problem with the non scrolling background in my post can I get some feedback regarding that from the Freeway Talk team.
Thanks.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Information for existing FreewayTalk / Groups.io users - Site Feedback - Softpress Talk

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options