[Pro] Full width image

Hi all,

I’ve tried to get a full width image which fades on a loop of 3 images in freeway 7. I can’t even get the full image across the page without fuss. I would like this near the top and then a page that just keeps scrolling with quite a bit of content below. If I have to lose the effect that that’s fine as there’s not much in the budget for this one. Please keep the steps simple - i’m a designer!!!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

The easiest way is having a deeper look into:

http://getbackdraft.com

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks Thomas,

Very helpful and this looks the way forward for me on this, I’m going to delve fully into this tomorrow but just looking quickly this morning, to create the fading effects on the 3 images would I use the Wow slider?
Thanks again.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I think so - yes. At least for the start you’d do good (cause I think it’s documented).

But whatever you’ll use:

The most important thing first is to get used to the inflow construction. Be restrictive and even do a static approach first. This is my all-time rule of thumb:

Dynamic comes from static.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Okay, so your saying construct the site and just get used to the workings and then ad my effects at the end when I’m used to using inline? And a little more confident.

This would make perfect sense with it being my first inline site and a paying job!

Thanks for the advice - I don’t think I’d have the confidence to try this without the support!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I go one step ahead and say:

“Construct your site following the design you already prepared in a previous step”!

Effects(Java Script) are mostly targeting either existing items or introducing remote code in a placeholder (DIV) so your are in a pretty safe space to concentrate on construction first.

WebDesign isn’t a matter of choice - it’s a matter of using the given tools, excessively if you want so. “Codeaphobic” is the death of all efforts and approaches. If you persist being a “designer”, chances increase that it’ll be your first and last paid job.

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

True! I have the issue of wanting to invest a lot more time into producing what I design or out-sourcing production because of not jumping in 100% purely because of other design projects and time!!

You are correct though, I’ve dipped my “codeaphobic” toe in to freeway and with a leap of faith I could get a lot more out of it. Financially also!!!

Thanks again

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

For a full width image you can use Backdraft as Thomas suggests or go down the Page> Align:None, Width: Flexible route.

Example http://deltadesign.co/FW7Test/skippr-2.html

However this does use some extras that don’t come with FW and will need some hand coding - not much.

But it does require you to build your page in a certain way.

If you can share a link to the page that you want to add this effect to we can offer some better targeted advice.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks Dave,

That’s not a million miles away from what I’m trying to achieve either! I’ll share a link when I’m up to speed on the site! I’ve dedicated a bit of time just to get my head around this tomorrow.

Would I be okay with logos etc over the top of the images?

Thanks

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Would I be okay with logos etc over the top of the images?

Let’s walk before you start running!

D

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options