[Pro] Future Activation/Upgrades

I simply cannot find anything else right now that works as Freeway does, so I have to stick with it for awhile…

If I buy a new Mac this fall and move my install over will it activate or does it require an activation server that bit the dust along with the website?

Also, I was planning to upgrade a license to 7 from 6 around the same time, and right now (if it activates) that seems even more important to have the newest version to potentially be compatible the longest. Is there any way to still get an upgrade at this point or is that done too?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

I!m japanese FW user and I am troubled with the problem, too.
I love FW, want use more!

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Hi Guys,

I have just performed a clean install on my MBP and reinstalled FW7. All is OK as long as you have the serial number. Having said that, I’m not sure how well FW7 will play with the upcoming Sierra OS.

Hope that helps

Mark

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

#I have just performed a clean install on my MBP

That should have read “clean install of OSX El Capitan!” :slight_smile:

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Jeremy Hughes, Senior Engineer at SoftPress, mentioned in another thread that, “unofficially speaking,” Freeway Pro 7 works fine on the MacOS Sierra beta. So I have no doubt you can upgrade to Sierra without worry.

HOWEVER, as I have stated in other threads, MacOS is constantly changing. A year hence you will likely want to update MacOS again, and then no one knows if Freeway will still work. So you should exercise wisdom and over the next year try to find a Freeway replacement. Look at other threads here on FreewayTalk where we are talking about “alternatives” and check those apps out and post your thoughts on those threads.

–James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

James, thanks. I have been looking at those threads, which is why I said I’m going to have to stick with Freeway for the time being. :slight_smile:

Mac OS updates are a big concern now, that’s why I was hoping to upgrade that one license to 7 so it may have a little longer legs.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 29 Jul 2016, 12:52 am, JDW wrote:

…as I have stated in other threads, MacOS is constantly changing. A year hence you will likely want to update MacOS again, and then no one knows if Freeway will still work. So you should exercise wisdom and over the next year try to find a Freeway replacement. Look at other threads here on FreewayTalk where we are talking about “alternatives” and check those apps out and post your thoughts on those threads.

–James Wages

James, I ran this issue by a software professional friend of mine. His answer was encouraging: “You can always run old software on a new system with a Virtual Machine… I still have Windows XP running on my Mac from time to time to help a client with their older system. It is no problem.” He has been my Mac mentor for about 30 years and has never let me down yet. I’m trusting he’s right on this.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options