[Pro] FWP 5.6.5 Color?

I can’t answer the question because I have it myself in Freeway 7.1.2 Pro. Safari 9.1 isn’t displaying colors correctly, despite it supposedly having Color Management. Chrome and FireFox (with or without color management enabled) are perfect.

Try this:

1. Open Photoshop (or another color-accurate graphics app).
  2. Create an sRGB document of say 200x200px.
  3. Set Foreground Color to F0F0F2 (but any color would do).
  4. Use the Pain Bucket tool to fill your background with F0F0F2.
  5. Export as a PNG (8-bit is fine, with or without color profile), naming it F0F0F2.png
  6. Close it then reopen it in Photoshop and check using the Eye-dropper and Info palette that you are indeed seeing F0F0F2.
  7. Open FireFox and drag F0F0F2.png onto the browser window, then take a screenshot and paste into Photoshop, verifying the color is F0F0F2.
  8. Repeat Step-7 for Chrome. Again, no problem confirming F0F0F2.
  9. Repeat Step-7 for Safari. This time you will see F1F1F3! Wherefore art thou F0F0F2??

Again, color management doesn’t seem to matter. Neither does the graphic app (I can do the same test exporting from Graphic Converter 9, instead of Photoshop, and the result is exactly the same).

This problem has nothing to do with Freeway. Nevertheless, I would like to know how to solve it. Why? Because I often have an HTML box in Freeway with a light gray background color, into which I wish to place a pass-thru graphic which has the same background color. But if I pick the HEX color shown in Freeway and use that in my graphics app, it never shows up right in the browser! And yet, if I create an HTML box or even a Graphics box in Freeway and then view that in Safari, the color comes out accurate!

So I am thoroughly confused.

Does anyone know?

Thanks,

James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: