[Pro] FWP 5.6.5 Color?

“It’s too complex, so let’s just forget investigating it.”
“Use something other than F0F0F2.”
“There’s no magic solution.”
“We cannot know the algorithm of ghosts.”

I often get more resistance here on Freeway talk than cooperation, support and help. But stubborn persistence keeps me going.

The “algorithm” to those door slamming ghosts, as determined by observation in a well-lit room is called “wind.”

It’s NOT that complex. I rarely have color troubles outside the narrow example I provided.

You CAN use something other than F0F0F2. I keep citing that color to keep the discuss more simple and understandable and repeatable, for those who dare go through my 20-steps instead of just complaining about them.

A quick read through my posts in this thread shows I don’t seek a magic solution. I seek third party, objective analysis of my 20-steps and the meaning of their results. That’s it.

Code isn’t magic. It’s quite logical. I want to know why the code we call Safari is producing strange and presently in sufficiently explained results versus other code we call Firefox and Chrome.

“James, just stop talking and accept my less than explanatory reasoning. Color varies. Live with it.”

No. I refuse. It’s not so simplistic. The “color varies, live with it crowd” ignores what I am saying.

If I view my website on different Macs, ALL THE COLORS are slightly different than those Macs versus the Mac on which I designed the site. Ditto for iPads, Windows machines – everything I test on. But so what!? THAT does not bug me. I am NOT arguing THAT. If ALL the colors shift slightly, I have no problem with that. Why? Because nothing on the page jumps out at the viewer. And because I understand the logical reason why ALL colors vary slightly from screen to screen.

But in this thread, I am talking about only tiny parts of a web page that, for reasons currently unknown, change color ONLY in Safari.

Again, if all the colors change a little bit, it’s no big deal. No one thing on a web page in that case would stand out screaming, “I’m so different… Help me!” But when you have only a couple boxes on a page that get color shifted, and only in one browser, they are more noticeably out of place and confusion results. And so you the designer then try to determine the cause. So I created the 20-step list, and I want to know WHY. That’s it. I shouldn’t need to call in the GhostBusters to determine this. If anything, I need the ResistanceBusters.

Since none of you have told me you’ve personally gone through my 20-steps, I must assume that (1) you don’t want to because it’s more satisfying to stick to your current argument, or (2) you have gone through the 20-steps and you are dumbfounded as I am but you simply haven’t said that yet in this thread. And don’t say you lack time. If you have time enough to argue with me in this thread, you have enough time to go through my 20-steps and ponder the results.

James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: