[Pro] FWP 5.6.5 Color?

Thomas, Joe’s repeating of my steps did nothing too groundbreaking but it did accomplish this:

1. Someone other than myself confirmed my findings as accurate, proving the color mismatch wasn’t simple some mistake on my part.

2. Joe gave me his guess that Safari’s color handling algorithm is taking its best guess on how color should look, disregarding the presence or absence of a profile, and then shifting colors accordingly, which to us appears to have no basis in logic.

Lastly, while I agree that F0F0F2 has no humanly perceptible color difference in Safari, there are other shades of gray (and other colors too), which are noticeable. Indeed, that’s the only reason I decided to continue this thread sharing my experience.

So the solution is to either use transparent PNGs, which may sometimes need to be 24-bit (and therefore quite large, especially if you use 144ppi Retina graphics like I do). Or one could go Walter’s cabinet-maker route and build content that way.

Since nothing else can be done, I won’t be posting anything else on this issue.

My personal thanks to all of you who contributed to this discussion, and especially to Joe who very kindly repeated my steps and provided feedback on them.

Best wishes,

James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: