[Pro] FWP 5.6.5 Color?

Thomas, thank you for the detailed explanation and links, but you still didn’t answer the question about why Safari is the lone browser that differs from other browsers. Why is F0F0F2 the same in all browsers EXCEPT Safari? As I said before, it cannot be “color management” because I get F0F0F2 in FireFox with its color management OFF or ON.

Do colors need to be the same in all browsers? IT DEPENDS.

Do this:

1. Create an HTML box and color it F0F0F2.
  2. Create a picture or illustration in Photoshop and ensure the background color is F0F0F2.
  3. Import your Photoshop pic (PNG or JPG or GIF, whatever you like) into Freeway as a Pass-thru and put that pic atop your HTML box that has F0F0F2 as its background color. Now you have SEAMLESS PLACEMENT of your pic on the background in Freeway.
  4. Preview in FireFox and Chrome and note it looks perfect.
  5. Preview in Safari. Depending on your screen (I have a late 2015 5K iMac) you may see the difference. But even if you don’t, take a screenshot and bring it into Photoshop, then open the Info palette and move your eye dropper tool all over the screenshot. Take note of how F0F0F2 is no longer F0F0F2 whenever you move over your pass-thru image. But interestingly, the HTML box created in Freeway and colored F0F0F2 stays F0F0F2.

I don’t treat this flippantly. Much of the time, minor color variations DO NOT MATTER. I agree. But when you import a PASS-THRU into Freeway and lay it atop a background with matching color, aiming for a SEAMLESS BLEND of those two objects, I FULL WELL EXPECT to see a perfect blend across all browsers. And if I do not get that I WANT TO KNOW WHY. And that is a question no one has dared to answer yet.

Please answer the question, if you can.

Thanks,

James Wages

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at: