[Pro] FWP 7 with Virtual OS

I am using VMWare Fusion to edit FWP 7 websites using El Capitan. I edit the FW file that is on the host computer desktop using shared folders in VMWare. All is working well except that when I finish editing the website and return to the file on the host desktop, it requires that I republish the entire website. Can that be avoided or is it unavoidable?

Thanks

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

I believe that is how Freeway works. You change the design in Freeway then the application rewrites the entire code when you publish.

Regards
Kevin

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

I believe that is how Freeway works. You change the design in Freeway then the application rewrites the entire code when you publish.

Thanks for answering, but this isn’t how Freeway normally works: pages shouldn’t be republished unless they (or their content) have changed. Freeway indicates which pages need to be republished by marking them with a bullet in the Site panel.

I’m not quite sure what jcichy means by "when I finish editing the website and return to the file on the host desktop”, but I think they are saying that every time a document is opened, all the pages are marked as dirty (needing to be republished).

One of the ways that Freeway detects that content (such as an image) has changed is if the modification date of the content has changed - so I wonder if this could be a clock issue of some kind. Maybe the clock of the VM system is out of sync with the clock of the host system?

Jeremy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks Jeremy, that did it. The clock in VM was set to a different time zone. All is well.

Thanks again

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

That’s great!

And thanks to Kevin for prompting me to think about this!

Jeremy

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden