[Pro] Google API key problems

I have created a page with a google API key and it recently stopped working.

http://donhensondds.com/index.html

I have updated freeway and received a new api key and it still does not work.

Anyone else come across this problem


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Oh wow. It looks like they’ve made it a lot harder to get a key now. Go here:

Then go to API Access, then click “Create new Browser key”, enter your domain name “donhensondds.com” and then “Create”.

Then paste the key you generated into the Action. Let me know how it goes. If it doesn’t work we’ll have to look at alternatives solutions.

Joe

On 17 Feb 2012, at 14:56, Nate wrote:

I have created a page with a google API key and it recently stopped working.

Home | Henson Family Dentistry

I have updated freeway and received a new api key and it still does not work.

Anyone else come across this problem


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

On 17 Feb 2012, at 15:33, Joe Billings wrote:

Go here:

http://code.google.com/apis/console

Then go to API Access, then click “Create new Browser key”, enter your domain name “donhensondds.com” and then “Create”.

Actually, on reflection, you might need to create a new API Project first. There’s a dropdown at the top left of the page (under the Google apis logo), open this and select Create New. You’ll then be presented with a list of API options. Select Google Maps API v2 and agree to the terms. Now follow the steps I used above.

Hope this helps,

Joe


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Alright, creating a new project then generating the code worked.

Thanks,

Nathan


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Joe,

Apparently that was only a temporary fix. If you visit the site it still has the same issue. I do not know what else I can do. Any more ideas?

Thanks,

Nathan


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Worked fine for me with no error

BTW you still have that dodgy patient page Title Home | Henson Family Dentistry

David


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

OK - spoke too soon http://donhensondds.com/ works but http://www.donhensondds.com/ doesn’t but you should be able to add www.donhensondds.com to the allowed referer section

D


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

I have been looking a bit deeper into this and I have found that even using Google’s own code - no FW action - I am getting the Javascript Alert

Google has disabled use of the Maps API for this application.......Get a New Key!

And that is with a new Key and a new project

It may be that Softpress needs to relook at the action or Google has a flaky Key generation system!

D


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Hmmm. That’s really odd, because this page has been up since 2005 or so with no changes, and I just checked and it’s still working fine:

http://walterdavisstudio.com/map.php

Walter

On Feb 18, 2012, at 8:50 PM, DeltaDave wrote:

I have been looking a bit deeper into this and I have found that even using Google’s own code - no FW action - I am getting the Javascript Alert

Google has disabled use of the Maps API for this application.......Get a New Key!

And that is with a new Key and a new project

It may be that Softpress needs to relook at the action or Google has a flaky Key generation system!

D


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

Everything works fine for me now that I added all of the site variations in the google API control panel.

http://donhensondds.com


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options

That’s great to hear, Nate.

Joe

On 19 Feb 2012, at 18:27, “Nate” email@hidden wrote:

Everything works fine for me now that I added all of the site variations in the google API control panel.

http://donhensondds.com


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options


freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:
http://freewaytalk.net/person/options