[Pro] Help with video portfolio

I’m now to Freeway Pro, so I’m a little lost… trying to create a video portfolio- click a thumbnail and a video plays in another larger window; click another thumbnail and in same larger window new video plays. I use Vimeo to host my videos and was just hoping to embed their “hub nut” widget code but that doesn’t work, unless I’m missing something… So now I’m trying to re-create. Any suggestions on this?

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

There are in total two answers:

Insert → MarkUp Element or CrowBar Action CrowBar - ActionsForge

Both handle “MarkUp” or external code snippets. The latter even without wrapping p-Tag (just for protocol).

External code won’t display within your workspace. It even needs sometimes a connection to the internet to work on preview. So lesson one:

“The truth is always in the browser.”

Cheers

Thomas

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Vimeo’s HubNut widget is supplied to you as iFrame code so you have a couple of options when adding to a FW page.

Option 1 - As Thomas suggests Insert>Markup Item and paste the whole of the supplied code snippet.

Starts with

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/

and ends with the closing iframe Tag

Note that because the src URL starts with // you can only preview this online.

Option 2 - An alternate method is to use the iFrame action.

Insert> Action Item>iFrame and then add the parameters to the action interface

ie the URL will be something like

//player.vimeo.com/hubnut/user/user48935245/subscriptions?

And then the options you chose such as

color=44bbff&amp;background=000000&amp;slideshow=1&amp;video_title=1&amp;video_byline=1

could be added onto the end of the URL.

David

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thank you both… I was using markup to paste the snippet, and this may be the answer but just can’t preview it until published… crowbar didn’t work when I cut/pasted the code, I got “a surrounding tag could not be detected. Your code was not added to the page” error message.

I have one page with the iframe action built and one page with the markup snippet built and when I publish we’ll see which (or if both) will do the trick.

I was using the Responsive Video action for other video on this site (single play videos, not hub nut widget), and that works fine in preview mode, that was one of the things that was throwing me off.

Thank you both for the pointers… I hope when I publish it will come through. Still not ready to publish yet…

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Thanks both, that TemplateHelper Action looks like a great tool. Thomas, that video only talks about Wordpress (for 10 minutes) … might be better to link to the second video directly if you can.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

you posted this in the wrong list!

It’s an entire series and I’m used to start with #1.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden