[Pro] How to make images smaller on responsive view?

Hi there.

I’m doing my first website with FW and anything is fairly new to me. But it goes on…

However, I hang here: I want to make a logo (PNG) that becomes smaller when being viewed on smartphones. It seems that this does not work easily. I thought I just need to adjust height and width, but then the logo appears small also on other views.

Is there a trick to achieve what I want to do?

Thanks.
Tom

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
Update your subscriptions at:

Ah, there it is again; the responsive image … the first answer is what you’re looking for.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

Here’s a tutorial I wrote for Backdraft, but it works for any website built in Freeway: Flexible graphics - Backdraft Docs

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 13 Jun 2016, 4:41 am, Caleb Grove wrote:

Here’s a tutorial I wrote for Backdraft, but it works for any website built in Freeway: Flexible graphics - Backdraft Docs

Caleb, that is an awesomely helpful tutorial — brief and clear. Thank you so much. That’s the first time I think the whole pass-through responsive thing has made sense to this 73-year-old amateur who struggles with some of the higher technology introduced since the easy version 3.5. Many thanks! Can’t wait to try it.

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Thanks Caleb… I did a look at Backdraft and it is G-R-E-A-T !! Exactly what I ever looked for. Wow.

Also thanks Richard. The concept of pass-trough images was new to me (as anything else on FW).

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden

On 14 Jun 2016, 2:13 pm, Tom wrote:

Thanks Caleb… I did a look at Backdraft and it is G-R-E-A-T !! Exactly what I ever looked for. Wow.

Also thanks Richard. The concept of pass-trough images was new to me (as anything else on FW).

You’re welcome Tom, you’ll find the usage of pass-through images more reliable as Freeway won’t touch your originals. Normally Freeway will generate a copy and doesn’t do a very good job at it. Pass-through will use your images without regenerate them so your quality will be preserved.

Best regards, Richard

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden
https://freewaytalk.softpress.com/person/options

Another question:

I installed the backdraft template and anything works as intended.

Now I want to put a background image to some boxes which also should get resized automatically.

So I set a background picture in the inspector for the HTML element and marked the checkbox “pass through” according page 69 of the FW reference documentation.

Unfortunately, there is no resizing done. What have I missed?

Tom

freewaytalk mailing list
email@hidden